These Photos Graciously Submitted by John Waggoner Jr.
Any Comments or Questions Click Here
Both original churches were built by Elijah W. Cornwell, the Church of Christ
being for his wife who was of different faith. The churches are now on different
sides of the lake. There was a post office called Montrose established in the area
in 1851, which Elijah W. Cornwell was postmaster of for several years. It was
replaced when the Defeated Post Office was established about 1880.