These Photos Graciously Submitted by John Waggoner Jr.
Any Comments or Questions Click Here
Mace's Hill Missionary Baptist Church
The Mace's Hill Missionary Baptist Church is located on a steep hillside
near the junction of five roads (Scanty Branch,Young Branch, Wilburn Hollow
Road, Toetown Road and Nickajack Road) and everybody goes uphill to get
there.This church was organized on August 16, 1917 after several years of
successful "brush arbor" meetings in the area. Land for the building was
donated by William (Bill Cat) Gregory and son Luther. Cal Gregory was the
first pastor and served in that capacity for forty years until his death in 1957.