These Photos Graciously Submitted by John Waggoner Jr.
Any Comments or Questions Click Here
Elmwood Methodist Church
The Elmwood Methodist Church is located on Highway 70 in Elmwood. According to
the Smith Co. History this church was organized prior to the War Between the
States and was considered to be of southern sympathy while the Mt. Zion
Methodist three miles away was made up of members with northern sympathy.The
present building was built in 1894. In the belfry were two bells. The large
bell was rung for church services and the small bell was rung when there was
a death in the community and before and after funeral services.