Carthage United Methodist Church Pictures

These Photos Graciously Submitted by John Waggoner Jr.
Any Comments or Questions
Click Here

Carthage United Methodist Church
The Carthage United Methodist Church was organized in 1808. The church
has met at several locations over the years. The present church home
was completed in 1889 with additions later and the purchase of the old
Thomas Fisher home in 1964 to be used as a annex. Four of the stained
glass windows date back to the 19th century with the oldest being
installed in 1889 by Joseph Allen as a memorial to his mother. The
next oldest was donated by John A. Fite in 1893. This building was put
on the National Register of Historical Places in 1985 for its
architectural significance.

Back To Churches Index