These Photos Graciously Submitted by John Waggoner Jr.
Any Comments or Questions Click Here
Caney Fork Missionary Baptist Church
The Caney Fork Missionary Baptist Church is located on Smith Road between
Stonewall and Helm's Bend Road. It was constituted in 1873 by Elders James
Barrett, J.W. Bowen, T.A. Hudson, and David N Jarrard as a offspring of the
New Salem Baptist Church. David N. Jarrard gave one acre of land for the
construction of a church and school. He served as first pastor from 1873-
1879 and taught school. Around 1900 a new frame building was constructed
and still stands today.