Ballard Chapel Methodist Church Pictures
These Photos Graciously Submitted by John Waggoner Jr.
Any Comments or Questions
Ballard Chapel Methodist Church
The Ballard Chapel Church and school was built in 1885 by the Ballards and Mitchells for the
black community. School was discontinued many years ago but it still is the meeting place for
the Methodist church. There is a active black cemetery next to the church. The last teacher was
William Wright who married a local girl Margie Petty, who is buried in the church cemetery.
Note: This church burned to the ground Sunday evening- Nov 21, 2010
Go To Ballard Chapel Methodist Church Cemetery
Back To Schools Index
Back To Churches Index