The Minnis House (pronounced 'menace') is named for the Minnis family, citizens of our small town from the 1700s to the 1960s.  Their family operated a large general store on adjoining property from 1865 to 1965. The Minnis Store offered patrons everything they needed 'from the cradle to the grave.'   In the early 1900s, Minnis family members purchased this home which was built in the early 1800s.  The smaller wooden structure underwent a major renovation shortly afterward, transforming it into the brick home is now a Bed and Breakfast appropriately called  The Minnis House.  Here is a link to their website.  Link