||We welcome you - our family, our friends, and casual browsers. We hope that you enjoy meeting our family of days gone by. For reasons of family privacy, we have essentially enforced a 100 year clause. That is, the names and details of those people born within the past 100 years will not appear in these pages (if there are any...it is purely accidental, and we would appreciate being informed).
These pages reflect an ongoing project for us and, as such, we encourage you to check in frequently for "new" information. We will attempt to keep these pages updated frequently. To date we have acquired links to over 8500 members of our extended family...which ensures that we are several generations removed from the primates! :-)
Note that we have several thousand people not yet entered into the database who are described in various family genealogy books (e.g. JOHN, MAYWALD, KUBANK)...so stay tuned. We are gradually trying to fill in the gaps.
If you see anything here which is not correct, or if you have any information which would help fill in some gaps...please, please, please contact us. Furthermore, feel free to contact us for no reason whatsoever as we would love to hear from you!
I hope you enjoy learning about our heritage as much as we have enjoyed piecing the puzzle together. Happy mousing...
Some family data & questions
- Miscellaneous HEF Parish Register pages: I have collected so many pages from many parish registers for Herefordshire, that I thought it time to transcribe all the entries on these pages. You can view my HEREFORDSHIRE various parish register transcripts at this link.
- BLACKADDER: Steve's earliest ancestor occurs in his BLACKADDER heritage. You can go straight to the elder BLACKADDER, John de BLAKADAR (ca 1240), to view this noble lineage.
- BRAY/TRIGGS: Karen's earliest ancestor occurs in her BRAY/TRIGGS heritage (from her SANTO line). You can go straight to the elders on these lines, Stephen BRAYE and Elizabeth TRIGGS (marr. 1608), to view this long-standing lineage.
- HAGUE: Karen is stumped with her HAGUE ancestors. Do you know anything about the origins of Jonathon HAGUE of Manchester, Lancashire (m. Mary MILLS in 1764)?
- PATERSON: Also, you can take a look at the Anglican Church in Sorell, Tasmania, where a few of the PATERSON descendents were buried in the graveyard behind the church.
- SUNDERLAND: Can you help us out with some mysteries? In Herefordshire, UK, all except two "nuclear" families of the SUNDERLANDs belong to us. The mystery families not yet connected belong to are:
- Emanuel and Sarah SUNDERLAND
- George SUNDERLAND
- SUNDERLANDS AUCTION DATA: On our 1998 trip to the UK, we spent a fantastic day with the auction company (SUNDERLANDS) established in Hereford, England, circa 1862 by several members of our SUNDERLAND ancestral family. While there SUNDERLANDS provided me with copies of auction material from the earlier days of the company. You can view this material from the following auctions (follow the links):
- 1862 auction of Froome Bishop Court, Froome Bishop, Herefordshire 230 kbyte file - Apologies for the size, my copy of original is very poor quality
- 1866 auction at the Black Swan Inn, Hereford 111 kbyte file - Apologies for the quality...scanned from a small 4"x6" photograph (which I have not yet made enlargements of)
- 1876 auction at Weobley, Herefordshire Not scanned yet
- ca 1890 auction at the Green Dragon Inn, Hereford 111 kbyte file - Apologies for the quality...scanned from a small 4"x6" photograph (which I have not yet made enlargements of)
- 1944 auction of Causeway Dairy Farm, Belmont Road, Hereford FOUR files - each about 50 kbyte
- 1940 auction of Court Farm at Mansel Gamage, Herefordshire FIVE files each - about 50 kbyte
Some links to family webpages
- Garry KARNER's Quantitative Basin Analysis Homepage
- Although not directly related by blood, Maureen MARTIN, is "related" via our Tasmanian PATERSON family. Considering the PATERSONs were in Tasmania...and Maureen is Tasmanian...are we surprised :-) You can also visit the Tasmanian Family History Service hompage (established by Maureen and Meryl YOST). Or visit the homepage of Maureen's son Toby.
- Although we are still trying find a connection, here are some links to various Homepages authored by Melaney Moore-Dodson (our potential MAYWALD cousin):
- Texas Center for Adult Literacy
- Family Tree Maker site
- The MAYWALD brothers, Kevin and Rodney, have done a lot of work on our Australian MAYWALD connections. Kevin and his wife, Helen, have just set up their website. Please, take a look to see more about MAYWALD family members.
If any other members of our family have authored webpages...please email me to let me know...and I'll see to it that you are linked to here.