Leipzig SD No. 3310
First classes were held in 1913 in the Hall above the Pool Room in the Leipzig Hotel.
First teacher was Joseph Kane.
Class size in 1913 was about 15-18 students.
A one-room school was built in 1913 on Colonge Street and Heidlberg Avenue.
In 1922, evening classes were held for adults.
In 1923, there were grades from 1 through 8.
Original school building used until 1960.
In 1926, the School Sisters of Notre Dame cam to Leipzig.
Classes were held at the convent until 1963 when additional room were built on to the Leipzig school.
In 1968, Leipzig High school students were transferred to Wilkie.
From 1968 to 1976, only grades were 1 to 9.
In 1976, grade 9 students were transferred to Wilkie.
In 1978, grade 7 and 8 students were transferred to Wilkie.
As of 1980, grade 1 to 6 students were still at Leipzig.
As of 1998, there is no school in Leipzig.
Term ending December 31, 1915 -- School was held in a hall over the pool room at the corner of Cologne St. & Railway Ave. All those entered as grade 1 had never been in school before. New Information Added!! ~11/2/99