By his first wife, Deborah BYRD, Ephraim had:
In the 1900 Harlan census, Mary Farley Sergent is living with her son Milton.3 Her youngest son, Blain is living with them.
- Frances1 born 9 Nov 1823/5 died 29 Nov 1893 md George W. BALL2
- Jane5-7241 born ca 1826 md ca 1847 to Luke JONES (her father deeded her land in Harlan County deed C/462). Luke died by Oct of 1870.2. (No known issue)
- Mary5-7791 born ca 1827 md Speed JONES2
- Eliza C1 born 22 Aug 1827/9 at Ages and died 21 Oct 1896. She md 16 Apr 1847 John M BALL2
Eliza (above) and Allen (below) are said to be twins
- Allen1 born 22 Aug 1829 and died 3 Feb 1893. Allen md 1849H* in Harlan to Emily S JONES2
- Elizabeth Ann born ca 1835 md 1852H* William TURNER5-986. Ephraim deeded them land in HarlanBk D p525, "for fatherly love and affection".
- William Martin1 born Nov 1841, died 14 May 1926, md 1858H* Elizabeth Ann HOWARD5-6882
By his second wife, Mary Farley, Ephraim had:
- Mary Jane born Feb 1868 and died 8 Jun 1923. Mary married three times, first, in 1881, to Garret KING; second, in 1889, to James LYTTLE, and third, in 1896 to Moses BURKHART.
- Ephraim J born ca 1868 apparently died by 1900
and... after Ephraim's death, Mary Farley had:
- Milton born Jan 1875 md ca 1899 Elizabeth b Mar 1884
- Millard born Jan 1878 md ca 1898 to Nancy J. born Jul 1882
- Blain born Nov 1885
(1) Harlan County, Kentucky, Deed Book H Page 501: 1884, heirs of Ephraim Sergent to Allen Sergent
(2) Harlan County, Kentucky, Deed Book K1 Page 526: 1886, heirs of Ephraim Sergent, their 1/8th shares to Allen Sergent
(3) Household 174
1850 district 1 hh 15 (Connections#765)
1870 district 1 hh45