Martin Jones Family
Family of Martin & Mary Eager Jones ©
Martin Jones5-4136 was born about 1828 in Kentucky and died apparently by 1860 as his wife and children are licing with her family. He certainly predeceased his father, John Jones (1). About 1848, Martin married Mary Eager born about 1833 in Virginia, daughter of George Eager5-1902 and Sally Clark(2). Mary was still living in 1900.
Martin and Mary Eager Jones had:
- Sarah born 1849 [died young? nf 1860 and not in circuit court case(1)]
- Thomas P. Jones born about 1851 md 1871H*2/43 Araminta "Minty" Howard [1880 Harlan district 2 hh73]
- Ewell Jones born about 1852 [living 1880 Harlan district 2 hh73 of his mother's brother Wash Eager]
- Louisa born about 1854 md her 1st cousin 1868H*A/104 William Lee King s/o Edward & Letitia (Eager) King [1870 dist 1 hh139, 1880 dist 1 hh427]
- Franklin Jones born about 1856 md 1875H*4/81 Louisa d/o William & Minerva Turner [1880 Harlan district 1 hh451]
- Carlo Jones born about 1858 m#1 1879 Nancy, divorced 1893; m#2 1893H*8/266 Sarah Lyttle [1880 Harlan district 1 hh450]
Additions and corrections welcome, email firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Martin is named in a Harlan Circuit Court case in 1870 regarding his father's estate as having predeceased his father leaving the above named children except for Sarah who appears to have died young.
2 Mary is listed in her father's will
- source notes
1850 district 1 hh 571
1860 Harlan hh60 [Mary & children in her father's houshold]
1870 Harlan district 1 hh140
1880 Harlan district 1 hh450
HCoD = Harlan County Death Records|
H* = Harlan County Marriage Records
t = tombstone
5-#### = number in Harlan Connections
back to the family files listing...
... or to the Southeast KYGenWeb Counties...