Elisha Huff5-1270, born about 1825 in Virginia, is believed to have been the son of Isaac Huff5-1206 (s/o James & Obedience Koger Huff) and Catherine Lewis. This is not proven but it is logical by timing, location and naming patterns. He was probably the 2nd Lieutenant listed in the Roster of Company B of the Harlan Battalion. He is not listed in the 1870 Census household and probably died before then, perhaps in the Civil War.
About 1847, Elisha married Sarah (Sally) Creech, born about 1829 in Kentucky, daughter of Absolom Creech5-1274 & Elizabeth Blair. Sarah and her children are living next door to her parents in 1870.
Elisha and Sarah had:
Listed in Sarah's 1880 household is "Absalom HUFF 75 father widowed". This is Sarah's father, Absalom CREECH.
- Absalom born 7 Sep 1848 died 11 Dec 1933 md 1869H* Cynthia d/o Archibald Witt & Rachel Kelly (d/o Isaac Kelly5-1123 & Cynthia Parker; Archibald was s/o Anthony Witt & Elizabeth Mace)
- Mary born 11 Dec 1849 md 1871H* Henry Blair5-1441 s/o John & Malinda McKnight Blair
- Absalum born 7 Sep 1848 died 11 Dec 1933 md 23 Dec 1869 H* to Cynthiana d/o Archibald & Rachel Kelly Witt. They are living next door to his mother in 1870
- Mary 10
- Green born 18 Nov 1851 died by 1900 md 1876H* Susan Wynn d/o Elkanah Wynn & Elizabeth Kelly
- Alexander born 12 Nov 1854 md Margret (next door in 1880)
- Celia born 17 Jun 1857VR md ca 1875 Thomas Blair s/o John & Malinda McKnight Blair
- Lucy Ann born 26 May 1859 Lucy Ann md ca 1884 John D Dixon s/o William & Mary Gilliam Dixon
- Isaiah born 1 May 1861 died 17 Sep 1932 in Laurel County married Katheryne McKnight
- Savanah Catherine born 25 Apr 1863
H* = Harlan County Marriage Records
t = tombstone
5-#### = number in Harlan Connections
1860 Harlan hh 858
1870 Harlan hh 4/74
1880 Harlan District 2 hh 289
... or to the Southeast KYGenWeb Counties...