Podedworze gmina in Parczew powiat of Lubelskie, Poland
Podedwórze (Podedworze) Gmina Page
GENERAL: Below is a list of every city, town and village in this gmina, with information about each place, where known, and any links to other sites if available. This page is for all places in the PLACE-FINDER index with the code M4. Information not specific to this gmina may be found through the homepage.
MAPS: All places are marked on the map at the bottom of the page.
NAMES: As some browsers still can't handle Polish characters, any names with these extra characters are repeated using the nearest equivalent English characters in round brackets '( )'. Names in square brackets '[ ]' are older names for that location.
POST/ZIP CODES: Near the bottom of the page is a table of zip codes for some of the towns and villages in this gmina.
OLD WOJ.: All places in this gmina are in the old woj. of BIALSKOPODLASKIE

Map of District
Map of Gminy in PARCZEW Powiat

Return to: Place Finder (PL) || Parczew Powiat Page || Place Finder (UK)

4M4. Podedwórze

The Gmina of Podedworze
The gmina has a population of 2200 and covers an area of 107 sq.km. The gmina is situated in the marshy valleys of the Zielawa river. For the period 1867-1975 it was part of the Wlodawa powiat of Lubelskie, from 1975 to 1998 it was part of Biala Podlaska (Bialskopodlaskie) wojewodztwo/province. The gmina is agricultural and crops like potatoes and herbs (camomile, mint, tutsun) are commonly grown. There is also some cattle breeding.
GMINA OFFICE: Urzad Gmina, 21-222 Podedworze, woj. Lubelskie. Tel: (+48 83) 379 50 11
GMINA E-MAIL:
GMINA WEBSITE:
RIVERS: Zielawa, Wieprz-Krzna Irrigation Canal.

Antopol
Bojary
Grabówka (Grabowka)
Hołowno (Holowno)
Jedlinka
Kaniuki
Mosty
Niedzielin
Opole
Piechy
Podedwórze (Podedworze)
There has probably been a settlement here since the middle ages, and possibly a wooden castle. Since the 17th century the village has been a property of the Kopec family (-1756), Zalewski family (1874-1880) and the Zabiello family (1880-194?).
CHURCH 1: no data. Known as the 'white' church because of the colour of its bricks.
CHURCH 2: no data. Known as the 'red' church because of the colour of its bricks. This church probably dates from the mid to late 19th century as it is in that common mix of Neo-Gothic and Neo-Lublin Renaisance so popular in the region.
CHAPEL: no data. From 1646.
Rusiły (Rusily)
Zadnia Kol.
Zaliszcze
 

Postal/Zip Codes for Podedworze
XX XX

Map of the Gmina of Podedworze


LUBELSKIE GENEALOGY WEB

LubGenWeb
Navigation Bar : No-Frames Version.
For easier navigation, click on the blue diamond below.
frames Home site map
PolandGenWeb