GLENDON HOUSE was built by John L. Peavey & C.W. Thurston in 1872-74, one of the finest constructed hotels in the Wolfeboro lake region. It cost Twenty nine thousand dollars to build and opened in 1874.
In 1881 it passed into ownership of Carroll County Savings Bank. Afterwoods it passed through the hands of several parties, and is now successfully an all-the year house by Frank Hobbs, under the name of Hobb's Inn.
It was also known as the Hotel Elmwood and was located at the site of the present day Post Office.
See JOHN L PEAVEY, Businessman for more information.
HOME ALPHABETICAL INDEX