Sharon Iron and Brass Foundry
     
   

Sharon Iron and Brass Foundry

Valley Iron Works

The Sharon Iron and Brass Foundry was erected in 1872 by J. W. Evans, Joseph King, Dr. J. M. Irvine and others. It continued to run until the spring of 1876, when financial stringency compelled it to suspend. It was known as the “Valley Iron Works,” and stood in the south part of town, opposite the office of the Stewart Iron Works. The building is unused, being the property of Buff & Irvine, of Pittsburgh, Pa.

History of Mercer County, 1888, page 197 

 

                      

Return to the Mercer County

Genealogy Main Page

Or Visit One of these Major Sections of the Site:

Biographies

Cemeteries

Census Data

Churches

General info

Men of the Cloth

Military

Obituaries

Old Photos

Orphans

Places

Query & Data Boards

Schools

Search

Surnames

Western PA Old Photos      familyoldphotos.com

  Crawford County USGenWeb site       Lawrence County USGenWeb site     

Harry A. "Dutch" Rapp Memorial Website

 

All photos, documents and graphics contained in the Mercer County Genealogy pages are copyrighted by the submitter and by this site.  You may not use them elsewhere, whether in print or electronically, without written permission.  

Space provided by RootsWeb.  

 

Copyright © 2004 Teri A. Brown, Walter Brown and Assoc. All rights reserved.