First National Bank of Stoneboro
commenced business February 8, 1904. Though this bank is organized on
the basis of $25,000 capital—the lowest legal limit—its volume of
business transacted and secured places it among the best banks of the
county. On November 27, 1908, its statement showed deposits of
$122,176.35, and total resources of over $170,000. The officials of this
bank have remained the same from the beginning. E.
W. Echols is president, Theo. N. Houser cashier
and the other directors are Robert P. Cann, John
L. Rossiter, F. M. Allison. The bank is situated in a substantial
brick building on the principal business corner.
Century History of Mercer County,
1909, page 231