son of Richard and Sophia (Bender) Hahn, was
born in Plainfield Township, Northampton County, Pa., Sept. 8th, 1847.
He graduated from Kutztown Normal School in 1869; from Franklin and
Marshall College in 1875, and from the Lancaster Seminary in 1878.
He was licensed to preach in 1878 by Lancaster Classis, and
ordained by St. Paulís Classis, the same year.
He was pastor of the Greenville congregation in Mercer County, Pa.,
for six years. From 1884 to
1885 he served the Mt. Pleasant charge in Westmoreland County, Pa.; from
1885 to 1888, the Meadville charge, in Crawford County, Pa.; from 1888 to
1889 he served the English Mission in Cleveland, Ohio; and from 1889 to
1892 a newly organized congregation in Kutztown, with one at Topton; and
from 1892 to 1901 he was pastor Faith and St. James Congregations,
Reading, Pa. He was stated
clerk of Reading Classis. He
died in his home in Reading, May 16th, 1901, aged fifty-three years eight
months and eight days.
History of the Pittsburgh Synod of the Reformed Church in the United
prepared in commemoration of its fiftieth anniversary, by David B.
Lady, 1920, pages 176-177.