B. FULTON, secretary of the Economical Mutual Benefit Association,
Sandy Lake, is a son of Dr. T. H. Fulton, a native
of Hillsboro, Highland Co., Ohio The Doctor studied medicine with Dr.
G. W. Baskin, once a prominent physician of Mercer, but who is now dead.
He attended the Cleveland Medical College, and began practice at Sandy Lake,
where he built up a large practice, and became one of the leading physicians in
the county. He married Eva Brown, a native of this
county, by whom he had four children: C. B., Belle, W. B.
and Thomas H. Dr. Fulton resides in Nebraska.
B. Fulton was educated in the common schools and at Sandy Lake. He began
for himself as a clerk in a drug store for DeFrance & Zeigler. He was
appointed assistant cashier of the Sandy Lake Banking Company in 1873, and in
1880 was made its cashier, which important position he held until 1884, when he
resigned the cashiership, having previously been elected secretary of the
He was married to Miss
Lina Gumfory, daughter of John Gumfory, by
whom he has one child, Julia C. He is a member of the town council, and
treasurer of the same; is a director of the bank, auditor of the Stoneboro Fair,
is interested in the Excelsior Stock Company, is a member of the A. F.&
A.M., K.of H., K.L.H., is a Republican, and he and his estimable wife are
members of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church of Sandy Lake.
History of Mercer
County, 1888, pages 1055-1056.