THE AMISH OR OMISH MENNONITES established a church about two miles south-seat of New Wilmington. It was built in the summer of 1872, and is the only one of the kind in the county.
Rev. Shem King was their first preacher, and they had about sixty members at the inception of the church.
One of the first of this denomination to settle in Lawrence County was
Abraham Zook, who came in the spring of 1846.
Shem King brought out his family in August, 1847. Nearly all the families were from Mifflin County, Pennsylvania, and settled in Hickory, Wilmington and Pulaski Townships principally, with perhaps a few in Neshannock.
Twentieth Century History of New Castle and Lawrence County, 1908, page 370
recent photo of the Maple Grove Mennonite Church and Cemetery
Maple Grove Mennonite Cemetery