Township Resources

Township Resources

Please click on the name of a township to view the resources available for it. You may also click here to view the Interactive county map.
 
 

A Brief History of Armstrong Township:
Armstrong township was the second one north of the Conemaugh, and formerly encompassed nearly half of present-day Indiana County south of the Purchase Line. The township was named after Colonel (later General) Armstrong who commanded the celebration against Kittanning. It seems to have been organized in 1784 or 1785, as the earliest assessment was in 1785.

Cemeteries of Armstrong Township:

  • Curry Run/Reformed Presbyterian
  • Shelocta United Presbyterian
  • Union
  • West Union
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of Armstrong Township:

  • Stewartsville (Parkwood P.O.)
  • Tannery Village
  • Shelocta -- click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Shelocta
  • Thomas
  • Census Data in Armstrong Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810
  • 1820
  • 1830
  • 1840
  • 1850
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of Banks Township:
    Banks Township was formed from Canoe Township in 1868, having been surveyed in March of that year. It was named after William Banks, a well-known Indiana attorney.

    Cemeteries of Banks Township:

  • Brickell
  • Campbell (private)
  • Devers
  • Graham (Reformed Presbyterian)
  • Neal/Fetterman
  • Pine Grove at Urey
  • SS Peter and Paul
  • St. Michaels
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of Banks Township:

  • Smithport (Horton P.O.) Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Smithport
  • Johnsonburg
  • Flora
  • Smithville
  • Madeline
  • Glen Campbell
  • Raytown
  • Urey
  • Lochvale
  • Keal Run
  • Census Data in Banks Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1820 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1830 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1840 (Montgomery Twp.)
  • 1850 (Canoe Twp.)
  • 1860 (Canoe Twp.)
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of Black Lick Township:
    Black Lick township was created from Armstrong Township in 1807. It was named after the Black Lick Creek which was noted by early settlers to the area, located on the site of the Black Lick Station.

    Cemeteries of Black Lick Township:

  • Altman/Stiffey (John Brown Farm - private - moved to Blairsville Cemetery)
  • Cribbs (private)
  • Fairview/McIntyre
  • Hopewell/Bethel
  • Kunkle (private)
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of Black Lick Township:

  • Newport
  • Jacksonville
  • Grafton
  • Census Data in Black Lick Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810
  • 1820
  • 1830
  • 1840
  • 1850
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of Brush Valley Township:
    Brush Valley Township was formed from Wheatfield Township in 1835, and named for the valley of Brush Creek. Brush Creek was so named because the early settlers in the area found that the timber around the valley was much smaller than most in the area, more brushy than anything else.

    Cemeteries of Brush Valley Township:

  • Brush Valley Lutheran
  • Brush Valley Methodist
  • Brush Valley Presbyterian
  • Brush Valley/Mechanicsburg
  • Campbell (private - no longer in existence)
  • Cresswell
  • Dias
  • Dutch Bethel
  • Evans (private)
  • Fry/Miller
  • McNutt/Matter/Mateer
  • Petticord/Peddicord
  • Robertson/Robinson
  • Tarman (private)
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of Brush Valley Township:

  • Mechanicsburg (Brush Valley P.O.) - Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Brush Valley
  • Heshbon
  • Suncliff
  • Rico
  • Census Data in Brush Valley Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810 (Wheatfield Twp.)
  • 1820 (Wheatfield Twp.
  • 1830 (Wheatfield Twp.)
  • 1840
  • 1850
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of Buffington Township:
    Buffington Township split from Pine Township in 1867 and was named after Judge Joseph Buffington.

    Cemeteries of Buffington Township:

  • Black Lick (Methodist Episcopal)
  • Conrad/Stephens
  • E. Union/McCartney (United Presbyterian)
  • Lowman
  • Russian Orthodox at Wehrum
  • Stiles Family Burial Ground (private)
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of Buffington Township:

  • Dilltown -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Dilltown
  • Wehrum
  • Stumpf's Mills
  • Rexis
  • Scott Glen
  • Croft
  • Blaides
  • Census Data in Buffington Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810 (Wheatfield Twp.)
  • 1820 (Wheatfield Twp.)
  • 1830 (Wheatfield Twp.)
  • 1840 (Wheatfield Twp.)
  • 1850 (Pine Twp.)
  • 1860 (Pine Twp.)
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of Burrell Township:
    Burrell Township was formed from Black Lick Township in 1853, named after Judge Burrell.

    Cemeteries of Burrell Township:

  • Blairsville
  • Old Blairsville Catholic (moved to Blairsville)
  • Old Blairsville Lutheran (moved to Blairsville)
  • Old Blairsville on Liberty Street (moved to Blairsville)
  • Palmer/Patsch
  • Round Top
  • SS Simon and Jude
  • St. John's Greek Orthodox
  • Strangford Family Burying Ground (private)
  • Unknown (behind Debnar's Spas and Pools)
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of Burrell Township:

  • Blairsville -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Blairsville
  • Oake's Point
  • Bell's Mills -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Bell's Mills
  • Black Lick -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Black Lick
  • Palmerton
  • Josephine
  • Strangford
  • Smith
  • Census Data in Burrell Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810 (Black Lick Twp.)
  • 1820 (Black Lick Twp.)
  • 1830 (Black Lick Twp.)
  • 1840 (Black Lick Twp.)
  • 1850 (Black Lick Twp.)
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of Canoe Township:
    Canoe Township was formed from Montgomery Township in 1847, having been surveyed that year in July. It was named after Canoe Creek, which was so called because its mouth on Mahoning Creek was traditionally the head of canoe navigation.

    Cemeteries of Canoe Township:

  • Fairview (United Brethren)
  • Fry
  • Pearce
  • Pine Grove/Richmond/Ferry's School
  • Pine Salem/Evangelical Assoc. Church
  • Rossiter Catholic
  • Sherman/Dunlap Farm (private)
  • Union/CP Church/Union Church/Ebenezer Church
  • Mauk (Zion United Methodist)
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of Canoe Township:

  • Robertsville
  • Locust Lane
  • Locust
  • Rossiter
  • Juneau
  • Canoe Ridge
  • Census Data in Canoe Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1820 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1830 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1840 (Montgomery Twp.)
  • 1850
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of Center Township:
    Center Township was formed from Armstrong Township in 1807 and was named for its position within the County. It was organized in the same year as Armstrong and Washington townships as a separate election district. The first voting place was Peter Sutton's house in Indiana.

    Cemeteries of Center Township:

  • Altemus (private)
  • Bethel United Presbyterian
  • Coral Lutheran
  • Crete United Presbyterian
  • Hagens (private)
  • Homer City
  • Mikesell
  • Old Center United Presbyterian/Smathers (private)
  • Rugh (private)
  • St. Francis Roman Catholic/Graceton Catholic
  • St. Louis Roman Catholic
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of Center Township:

  • Homer (Homer City) -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Homer City
  • Crete
  • Edgewood
  • Aultman
  • Two Lick
  • Lucerne (Lucernemines)
  • Coy Junction
  • Tearing Run Junction
  • Graceton
  • Coral
  • Luciusboro
  • Waterman
  • Coy
  • Tide
  • Census Data in Center Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810
  • 1820
  • 1830
  • 1840
  • 1850
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of Cherry Hill Township:
    Cherry Hill Township was created from parts of Green and Brush Valley townships in 1854. It was named for Cherry Hill Manor which was surveyed to the Penns.

    Cemeteries of Cherry Hill Township:

  • Cherryhill Progressive Brethren/Cherryhill/Clymer Protestant
  • Diamondville
  • Dunkard United Brethren
  • Harmony Presbyterian
  • Howearth/Sample Run
  • Laurel Swamp/Swamp
  • Manor
  • Nicewonger
  • Rich Hill (private)
  • Spruce Grove (Wesleyan Meethodist)
  • St. Anthony's Roman Catholic/Church of the Resurrection
  • St. Michael's Greek Orthodox
  • Stephens (private)
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of Cherry Hill Township:

  • Greenville (Penn Run P.O.) -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Penn Run
  • Diamondville (Mitchell's Mills P.O.) -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Diamondville
  • Hustonville
  • Ideal
  • Sample Run
  • Clymer
  • Rembrandt
  • Weimer
  • Buck Run
  • Kenwood
  • Manver
  • Manor
  • Pikes Peak
  • Census Data in Cherry Hill Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810 (Wheatfield Twp.)
  • 1820 (Green and Wheatfield Twps.)
  • 1830 (Green and Wheatfield Twps.)
  • 1840 (Brush Valley and Green Twps.
  • 1850 (Brush Valley and Green Twps.)
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of Conemaugh Township:
    Conemaugh Township was created from Armstrong Township in 1803. It was so named from the Conemaugh River which forms the township's southern border.

    Cemeteries of Conemaugh Township:

  • Clarksburg Presbyterian
  • Conemaugh (United Presbyterian)
  • Ebenezer/Bethel
  • Edgewood/Saltsburg
  • Nowrytown
  • Old Saltsburg/Old Presbyterian
  • St. Matthew's Catholic
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of Conemaugh Township:

  • Saltsburg -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Saltsburg
  • Kelly Station (Tunnelton P.O.) -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Tunnelton
  • White
  • Foster
  • Nowrytown
  • McKeeverville
  • Clarksburg -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Clarksburg
  • Lewisville -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Lewisville
  • Census Data in Conemaugh Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810
  • 1820
  • 1830
  • 1840
  • 1850
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of East Mahoning Township:
    East Mahoning Township was created when Mahoning Township was divided into four parts (East, West, North, and South) in 1846. It was considered a particularly desirable location in the early days, as the soil was smoother and easier to clear than the rest of the land north of the Purchase Line.

    Cemeteries of East Mahoning Township:

  • Gilgal Presbyterian
  • Mahoning/Mahoning Baptist/Mahoning Presbyterian
  • Marion Center
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of East Mahoning Township:

  • Georgeville -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Georgeville
  • Marion (Marion Center - Brady P.O.) -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Marion Center
  • Mottarns Mill
  • Hamill
  • Savan
  • Census Data in East Mahoning Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1820 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1830 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1840 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1850
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of East Wheatfield Township:
    East Wheatfield Township was created when the original Wheatfield Township (formed in 1779) was divided in 1859 into East and West Wheatfield. It was named for the large unforested areas naturally occurring there which were ideal for growing wheat as they needed little clearing work.

    Cemeteries of East Wheatfield Township:

  • Armagh
  • Armagh United Presbyterian/Bethel
  • Cramer
  • Hice/Pershing
  • Matthews
  • Ninevah/Rodger's Graveyard at Rodger's Mills (no longer in existence)
  • Sutton
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of East Wheatfield Township:

  • Armagh -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Armagh
  • Ninevah -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Ninevah
  • Virginia
  • Robindale Heights
  • Shoupstown
  • Boltz
  • Cramer
  • Gas Center
  • Wheatfield
  • Census Data in East Wheatfield Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810 (Wheatfield)
  • 1820 (Wheatfield)
  • 1830 (Wheatfield)
  • 1840 (Wheatfield)
  • 1850 (Wheatfield)
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of Grant Township:
    Grant Township was formed when the eastern half the original Mahoning Township was divided in 1868 and named after the well-respected General (and later President) Ulysses S. Grant.

    Cemeteries of Grant Township:

  • Best
  • Brethren/United Brethren/Rochester Mills United Brethren
  • Decker's Point Baptist/Shiloh Baptist
  • East Mahoning Baptist
  • Montgomery/Dunkard
  • Oakland United Presbyterian
  • Old Fairview
  • Pinevale
  • Unknown on Pickering Run Road
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of Grant Township:

  • Colfax (Decker's Point P.O.) -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Decker's Point
  • East Run
  • Kinter Hill
  • Bald Ridge
  • Doty's Round Top
  • Richmond (Rochester Mills P.O.) -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Rochester Mills
  • Nashville
  • Census Data in Grant Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1820 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1830 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1840 (Montgomery Twp.)
  • 1850 (Montgomery Twp.)
  • 1860 (Montgomery Twp.)
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of Green Township:
    Green Township was formed from Wheatfield Township around 1816 and was named for the great evergreen forests covering the area.

    Cemeteries of Green Township:

  • Cookport Lutheran
  • Cookport Methodist
  • Dixonville Wesleyan Methodist
  • Douglass (private)
  • East Union/Taylorsville/Allison (Presbyterian)
  • McDowell
  • Mt. Nebo (Calvinist)
  • No. 6 Roman Catholic/St. Elizabeth's Roman Catholic/Lovejoy
  • Pine Flats (Baptist)
  • Proctor (private)
  • R.W. Smith (Quaker - private)
  • Salem Methodist
  • Sides (Presbyterian - private)
  • St. John's Ukrainian Greek Orthodox
  • Twolick Baptist
  • Uniontown
  • Williams (private)
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of Green Township:

  • Cookport -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Cookport
  • Dixonville
  • Kesslerville (Berringer P.O.)
  • Pine Flat -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Pine Flat
  • Taylorsville (Utah P.O.) -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Taylorsville
  • Bencetown
  • Prosperity Hill
  • Leard
  • Purchase Line
  • Commodore
  • Lovejoy
  • Starford
  • Shanktown
  • Wandin
  • Grisemore
  • Martintown
  • Spruce
  • Uniontown
  • Cush Cushion
  • Fleming Summit
  • Census Data in Green Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810 (Wheatfield Twp.)
  • 1820
  • 1830
  • 1840
  • 1850
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of Montgomery Township:
    Montgomery Township was created from the division of Mahoning Township in 1834, having been surveyed in June of that year. It was named in honor of John Montgomery, an early settler of Conemaugh Township and a noted Revolutionary War veteran who owned a large tract of land in present Montgomery County.

    Cemeteries of Montgomery Township:

  • Citizen's/I.O.O.F./Cherry Tree
  • Hazelet/Hazlett (Methodist Episcopal)
  • Henry (private)
  • Peles/Bennett/Gardner
  • Rowley
  • Thompson/Irwin
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of Montgomery Township:

  • Gettysburg (Hillsdale P.O.) -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Hillsdale
  • Cherry Tree -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Cherry Tree
  • Gorman Summit
  • Gipsy
  • Lower Wilgus
  • Upper Wilgus
  • Bowdertown
  • Cush Creek
  • Arcadia
  • Hooverhurst
  • Census Data in Montgomery Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1820 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1830 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1840
  • 1850
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of North Mahoning Township:
    North Mahoning Township was founded when the the western half of the original Mahoning Township was divided into four parts (North, East, South, and West) in 1846.

    Cemeteries of North Mahoning Township:

  • Chambers Family Burial Ground (private)
  • Covode Methodist/Mt. Pleasant
  • Covode United Presbyterian
  • Little Zion/Mt. Zion Evangelical/United Brethren/German Reformed Lutheran
  • Marchand/Mahoning Union
  • Mt. Union/Old Union (United Presbyterian)
  • Neal (private)
  • Round Top/St. Paul's Reformed Lutheran
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of North Mahoning Township:

  • Davidsville (Trade City P.O.) -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Trade City
  • Marchand -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Marchand
  • Covode (earlier called Kellysville) -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Covode
  • Census Data in North Mahoning Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1820 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1830 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1840 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1850
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of Pine Township:
    Pine Township was formed from Wheatfield Township in 1850 and was named for the many pine forests in the area.

    Cemeteries of Pine Township:

  • Cameron's Bottoms/St. Patrick's
  • Maple Grove
  • Mt. Zion Lutheran
  • Pineland/Strongstown New
  • West Union (United Presbyterian)
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of Pine Township:

  • Strongstown -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Strongstown
  • Nolo -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Nolo
  • Heilwood
  • Penn Mary (Mentcle P.O.)
  • Alverda
  • Pineton
  • Census Data in Pine Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810 (Wheatfield Twp.)
  • 1820 (Wheatfield Twp.)
  • 1830 (Wheatfield Twp.)
  • 1840 (Wheatfield Twp.)
  • 1850
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of Rayne Township:
    Rayne Township was created from Washington and Green Townships in 1845. It was named in honor of Robert Rayne, an early settler on Rayne Run.

    Cemeteries of Rayne Township:

  • Bethel New Life Lutheran
  • Chambersville Baptist
  • Crooked Creek Baptist
  • Frech (private)
  • Grove Chapel Lutheran
  • Old Washington Church
  • Rayne Presbyterian
  • Ruffner/Dunkard United Brethren/Columba/Crooked Creek Brethren/German Baptist
  • Sacred Heart
  • Tanoma/Meyers
  • Thomas (private)
  • Washington Church (Presbyterian)
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of Rayne Township:

  • Kellysburg (Home P.O.) -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Home
  • Chambersville -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Chambersville
  • Kintersburg (Gilpin P.O.)
  • Ernest
  • Kimmel
  • Grove Chapel
  • Gaibleton
  • Tanoma
  • Barr Slope
  • Rayne
  • Woodlawn
  • Census Data in Rayne Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810 (Washington and Wheatfield Twps.)
  • 1820 (Washington and Green Twps.)
  • 1830 (Washington and Green Twps.)
  • 1840 (Washington and Green Twps.)
  • 1850
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of South Mahoning Township:
    South Mahoning Township was created from the western half of the original Mahoning Township when it was divided into four parts (East, West, North, and South) in 1846.

    Cemeteries of South Mahoning Township:

  • Baracca (Beracha) United Presbyterian/Plumville Presbyterian
  • Centennial/Hungry Hook
  • Georgeville Presbyterian
  • Old Mahoning Baptist
  • Old Plumville Baptist
  • Sacred Heart
  • St. John's Lutheran
  • Greek Orthodox
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of South Mahoning Township:

  • Plumville -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Plumville
  • Ambrose
  • McCormick
  • Denton
  • Rossmoyne
  • Frantz
  • Wells
  • Elkin
  • Census Data in South Mahoning Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1820 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1830 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1840 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1850
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of Washington Township:
    Washington Township was created from Armstrong Township in 1807, and was named after General and President George Washington under whom many of the first pioneers in the county had served during the Revolutionary War.

    Cemeteries of Washington Township:

  • Barney Miller (private)
  • Creekside Center Presbyterian
  • Fry/Fisher (Jacob Fisher Graveyard - private)
  • Harmony Grove Lutheran
  • Joseph L. Van Horn Graveyard (private)
  • Plum Creek Church
  • Salem Methodist Episcopal Church (private)
  • Speedy (private)
  • Spence (private)
  • Walter's (private)
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of Washington Township:

  • Five Points -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Five Points
  • Marlin's Mill (Willet P.O.) -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Willet
  • Newville (Creekside P.O.) -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Creekside
  • Advance
  • Davis
  • Census Data in Washington Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810
  • 1820
  • 1830
  • 1840
  • 1850
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of West Mahoning Township:
    West Mahoning Township was formed when the western half of the original Mahoning Township was divided into four parts (East, West, North, and South), in 1846.

    Cemeteries of West Mahoning Township:

  • Good (moved to Smicksburg)
  • John Evans Lantz Family Burial Ground (private, moved to North Point)
  • John McClelland Family Burial Ground (private)
  • North Point/Sellarsville
  • Smicksburg (very bottom section across road)
  • Smicksburg/Salem Evangelical Lutheran (moved to bottom section, Smicksburg)
  • Smicksburg Episcopal (moved to middle section, Smicksburg)
  • Smicksburg Union Methodist (moved to top section, Smicksburg)
  • Smicksburg United Presbyterian (moved above Lutheran section, Smicksburg)
  • Unknown (on Neal Flat Road - private)
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of West Mahoning Township:

  • Smicksburg -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Smicksburg
  • Sellarsville (North Point P.O.)
  • Goodville
  • Loop
  • Census Data in West Mahoning Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1820 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1830 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1840 (Mahoning Twp.)
  • 1850
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of West Wheatfield Township:
    West Wheatfield Township was created when the original Wheatfield Township (formed in 1779) was divided in 1859 into East and West Wheatfield. It was named for the large unforested areas naturally occurring there which were ideal for growing wheat as they needed little clearing work.

    Cemeteries of West Wheatfield Township:

  • Barr
  • Bethel United Presbyterian/Bethlehem
  • Centerville
  • Gamble/Wakefield
  • German Lutheran/St. Mary's Bathsheba
  • German United Methodist/Zion
  • Isabelle/India/Climax/Harris
  • Mt. Tabor
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of West Wheatfield Township:

  • Centerville (Huff P.O.) -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Huff
  • Robinson
  • Climax
  • India
  • Clyde
  • Census Data in West Wheatfield Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810 (Wheatfield)
  • 1820 (Wheatfield)
  • 1830 (Wheatfield)
  • 1840 (Wheatfield)
  • 1850 (Wheatfield)
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of White Township:
    White Township was formed in 1843 and named for Judge Thomas White. It was created from parts of Center, Washington, Green, and Armstrong Townships.

    Cemeteries of White Township:

  • Beth Israel Jewish (moved to Oakland)
  • Greenwood
  • Lyle B. Van Horn (private)
  • Memorial Park/Old Lutheran
  • Oakland/Oakgrove
  • Simpson/Fyock (private)
  • Snyder (private)
  • St. Bernard's Roman Catholic
  • United Presbyterian (partially moved to Memorial Park)
  • Unknown (in West Indiana)
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of White Township:

  • Indiana -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of Indiana
  • West Indiana -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of West Indiana
  • Fulton Run
  • Ben Avon
  • Chevy Chase Heights
  • Census Data in White Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810 (Armstrong, Center, Washington, and Wheatfield Twps.)
  • 1820 (Armstrong, Center, Green, and Washington Twps.)
  • 1830 (Armstrong, Center, Green, and Washington Twps.)
  • 1840 (Armstrong, Center, Green, and Washington Twps.)
  • 1850
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  • A Brief History of Young Township:
    Young Township was formed in 1830 from parts of Conemaugh and Black Lick Townships. It was named after President Judge Young.

    Cemeteries of Young Township:

  • Convenenter
  • Iselin Union
  • Kent United Presbyterian
  • Ridgeview/Elder's Ridge
  • West Lebanon
  • Some Historic Towns and Boroughs of Young Township:

  • West Lebanon -- Click here to see the Beer's Atlas map of West Lebanon
  • Scotland
  • Elder's Ridge
  • Watson's Ridge
  • Iselin
  • Coal Run
  • McIntyre
  • Harttown
  • Census Data in Young Township (available at the Society on microfilm)

  • 1800 (Westmoreland Co.)
  • 1810 (Black Lick and Conemaugh Twps.)
  • 1820 (Black Lick and Conemaugh Twps.)
  • 1830
  • 1840
  • 1850
  • 1860
  • 1870
  • 1880
  • 1900
  • 1910
  • 1920
  •