Join the Curry County mailing list ...
For those who would like to share information or ask questions
about their Curry County families,
a mailing list is available in the following formats:
To subscribe, choose the format you desire, click the appropriate link, and type the word "SUBSCRIBE" in the body of the message.
Q. How do I post messages to the list?
A. Send your posts to [email protected].
Q. How do I unsubscribe from the mailing list?
A. If you are subscribed to the single message mode list, do
Send an e-mail to: [email protected], turn off any signatures and type "unsubscribe" in the body of the message.
If you are subscribed to the digest mode list, do the following: Send an e-mail to: [email protected], turn off any signatures and type "unsubscribe" in the body of the message.
DO NOT, FOR ANY REASON, SEND AN UNSUBSCRIBE REQUEST TO THE MAIN LIST! It will be rejected and you will have to start the whole process over again.
Q. I'm sure there are some of us out here in "netland" who would be happy to transcribe information for the Curry Co. website. Is there anyway we can contribute?
A. Yes! I would love to have help...
1) Submit family files to be included in our Curry County Family Database.
2) Submit marriages, births, deaths, probate or other vital records from your family or those you have found while researching your family in Curry County.
3) Submit obituaries. If you get newspapers, you could take it upon yourself to check the obits once and awhile and send extracts to me so I can post them in the Obits section.
3) Transcribe and submit Curry County census, tombstone transcriptions, vital records, wills, or any kind of genealogical indexes that you might have access to. I don't live in Curry County and don't have access to the county genealogical info.
4) I can use info on/from historical churches, church records, school districts, school records/yearbooks, etc.
5) Do you have a web page with your Curry County families on it? Why not submit a link to be included on the Family Websites page?
6) Having a family reunion for Curry Co. relatives? Please consider placing it on our Reunion website!
7) Send in your family letters, stories, pictures, etc. for the Scrapbook pages.
8) Don't forget to register your surnames so others can contact you.
9) Submit info you have on genealogy meetings, historical society meetings, and any community event to the Community Calendar page.
10) Do you have books on Curry Co.? Consider volunteering a little time to do short lookups---remember, we have all been helped by others doing research for us before! Currently I'm the only one on the list, and boy do I have my hands full with everything else, but I still try to do what I can.
This is the help file for the ORCURRY-L and ORCURRY-D mailing list:
Welcome to the Curry County, Oregon Mailing List. Please post all messages to the following address:
To unsubscribe, please see the FAQ
Post your Curry County Queries, Biographies, Obituaries, Deeds, Pension Records, Bible Records, Wills or other documents on the Curry County Message Boards. Please see Message Board Gateway Page for more info.
To submit surnames, please send material to [email protected]~ with an appropriate subject line (Curry Co. Surnames) so your messages don't get overlooked.
Please remember: ONLY Curry County Genealogy posts are allowed to the list and all message boards. Send personal mail to the individual. For everyone who doesn't have their name in the "from" section of your email program (AOL users), please sign your posts with your real name.