Perth County, Ontario, Lookups
If you can do any sort of free lookup for Perth County, please let me know at the address at the bottom of the page.
TO REQUEST A LOOKUP: Send lookup requests to the person whose name it is listed under.
Lookups are limited to two per person, please. Please be specific and say what book they should be looking in. You should recieve a response within two weeks; however, please be patient, these are volunteers who also have lives.
$ If you want to hire a professional researcher, see the Ontario GenWeb Researchers Page.
More lookup offers, for all of Canada, can be found at Canada GenWeb Helplist (There were some Perth County listings last time I checked)
- Elma township:
- Donegal Cemetery transcription
- Elma Center Cemetery, Atwood transcription
- Mornington township
- Greenwood Cemetery, Milverton transcription
- Wallace township
- Woodlawn Cemetery transcription
- Fairview Cemetery, Listowel transcription
- Mount Pleasant Methodist cemetery transcription
- History of Perth County to 1967 by W. Stafford Johnson and Hugh Johnson. Let me know what name you're looking for, and I'll check the index. This book lists mostly significant families, people who were in municipal governments, early settlers, etc.
- County Marriage Registers of Ontario 1858-1869: Vol 17, Perth County contains marriages only between the specified dates.
- North Easthope Township
- St James Lutheran Cemetery transcription
- St John's Lutheran ("New" St John's), Poole cemetery transcription
- Mornington Township
- Millbank Methodist Cemetery transcription
Kyle Johnson, [email protected] Unavailable for lookups until March 2002
- Fullarton Township
- Woodland Methodist Cemetery, Mitchell cemetery transcription
- Poole Mennonite Cemetery transcription
- Bethel Conservative Mennonite Cemetery transcription
- Poole West Amish Cemetery
- Amish Mennonite Cemetery transcription
- East Zorra Mennonite Church and Cemetery, Oxford County
- Book: 1879 Illustrated Historical Atlas of Perth County. If you are asking for a lookup for a biographical sketch, please give him the page number. Please be patient - there is no index to this book.
- History of Perth County
- Memories of Downie
- Echoes of Ellis
- Avondale Cemetery R.C. Section
- The 1996 Hibbert Township book From Scotch broth and Irish stew - A History of Hibbert Township 1846-1996, Edited by Dean Robinson Published by the Corporation of the Township of Hibbert
- The Story of Hibbert Township and A Hibbert Review, both by Isabelle Campbell
- County Marriage Registers of Ontario, 1858-1869, Perth County (Vol.17) - contains only marriages for the time period specified!
- The History of Blanshard in Review
- Reveries of a Pioneer, Perth County, Vera McNichol - this is the one with all of the townships bound into one book; it contains a sample from each township book.
- History of Perth County to 1967, W. Stafford Johnston and Hugh Johnston
- List of farms in Glenquaich, Breadalbane, Perthshire, Scotland for NORTH EASTHOPE twp - I have a list of names of tenants of Glenquaich, Breadalbane (n. of Loch Tay), Perthshire, Scotland in 1822-23, which may be of interest to descendants of North Easthope immigrants from that area (from book, In Famed Breadalbane, by William A. Gillies (published 1938). Surnames are McLAREN, DEWAR, STEWART, MCTAVISH, DOW, MENZIES, CAMERON, MCVICHIE, MCNAUGHTON, MENZIES, ROBERTSON, ANDERSON, CRERAR, MCFARLANE, KIPPEN, CAMPBELL, MCCALLUM, FISHER, MCDONALD, MCINTYRE, HAY, MCLAREN, MCGREGOR, MCARTHUR, and FRASER. This book may be available at your local library. Will look up for interested searchers with one of these surnames.
- Perth County Pioneers (10th Anniversary, Perth Branch OGS - 1993)
- Blanshard Township: St. Marys Cemetery (transcriptions and records for unmarked graves) except the Roman Catholic section
- Ellice township: St. James Anglican Churchyard
- St. Patrick's RC Cemetery transcription, Kinkora, Ellice Twp
- St Vincent de Paul RC Cemetery, Mitchell, Logan Twp
- North Easthope Township: The Hills Of Home, North Easthope 1827-1997 - Has an index of names and is arranged by lot and concession. There is also a section on the township churches and organisations, and those who fought in the 2 world wars.
- St. Andrews Presbyterian Cemetery, North Easthope township
- Avonbank Presbyterian Cemetery (Revised), Downie Township
Back to Perth County GenWeb Main page
Thanks to those people who have offered to do lookups! Can you?? If so let me know!
Meg Fuller Perth County Coordinator
Copyright © 2007-2008 by ONGenWeb.. All rights reserved. Individual submissions remain property of submitter or author. Last updated
August 28, 2009
Photos in banner courtesy of Library of Congress, Prints & Photographs Division, FSA-OWI Collection, LC-USF34-051862-D and LC-USF34-031979-D.