The Edmond Genealogical Society (EGS) was established in September, 1991, with 78 charter members by December 31, 1991. We meet monthly at the LDS Church in Edmond , OK.
Our purpose, as stated in the EGS Constitution, adopted in December, 1991:
- Bring together interested persons for discussion in the field of genealogy
- To study methods of research
- To assist its members in their genealogical research and compilations, particularly beginners in the field
- To issue publications when deemed beneficial to the membership
- To collect and preserve genealogical material and historical data
- To work and cooperate with other genealogical departments, societies, and libraries in the state
- To provide assistance for genealogical and historical research for the Edmond Historical Society patrons and museum staff
We are here to encourage the science of genealogy; to help others gather genealogical information; and to preserve, protect and publish information of importance. We are here to serve visitors as well as our members.
Web site overview:
- Society History and information
- Where we meet
- Our management
- What we have
The Edmond Genealogical Society's next meeting will be an afternoon field trip on Monday, May 17, 2021 at 2:00pm.
EGS is going on a Field Trip ! Please join us, on Monday afternoon May 17th, in Guthrie, OK at the Oklahoma Territorial Museum for a private tour !
The tour starts promply at 2:00pm and will last about 1.5 hours. There is limited street parking, so car pooling is encouraged.
The Oklahoma Territorial Museum, tells the story of the determined people who laid the foundation for the state of Oklahoma. On
the museum grounds stands the Carnegie Library, where the first state governor was sworn in.
Please join us for this special field trip at the Oklahoma Territorial Museum, 406 E. Oklahoma, in Guthrie OK at 2:00pm. For more information - see
If you are interested in speaking at EGS - please contact Iris May, Programs and Publicity at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The EGS meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. at the Edmond Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (LDS), 1315 East 33rd St., in Edmond.
Guests are always welcome to attend. There will be no genealogy assistance prior to the meeting at this time.
The EGS monthly meeting is free and open to the public, beginning with a social time at 6:00 p.m. The program will start promptly at 6:30 p.m. Enter through the doors at the rear of the LDS Church building. The Church offers plenty of parking and is fully handicapped accessible.
The EGS meets on the third Monday evening of each month, with speakers on subjects of interest to genealogists and historians. Membership is open to anyone interested in historical or genealogical research.
For more information visit us on Facebook at Edmond Genealogical Society.
The June 21, 2021 program will be "Century Chest" by Chad Williams, Director of the OHS Research Center.