Seneca County, OH , Posted Queries for
Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for May thru October 2007
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- BARBEAU posted by Sue Lumb on Sunday, May 6, 2007
- I am seeking information on Gilbert Barbeau and his family. Gilbert was born in Quebec, Canada in the 1840's, and was in Seneca Co. by 1870's. He had several daughters and one son. He died in 1904, and I am seeking his obituaries and other info. In 1929 the Tiffin newspaper listed a family reunion held in Seneca Co. I am also interested in that article. I realize I can request these from the Tiffin Library; however, the site says that they will be sent as time is available at the Library, and I am not sure just what timing is normal. I am also interested in information on the Barbeau daughters and son. I believe the son went to California and subsequently died there. I am descended from a co-lateral line; my great-grandmother was Elizabeth Barbeau who married Alfred Periard in Defiance and subsequently lived in Michigan. Thank you for any help. Feel free to email me at my own e-address.
- BISHOP, WOOD posted by Nelda on Monday, May 7, 2007
- Hi: I am looking for info on the murders in 1819 of John Wood of Venice OH and George Bishop of Danbury, What I am looking for is the name of the Wife and children of John Wood. I wonder where to find it, or if you can find it? Thank you, very much. Nelda
- MOORE posted by Patrick Robinson on Tuesday, May 8, 2007
- Looking for help in getting a obit on a George Moore died in March 16,1960 in Tiffin Ohio.
- JENNINGS, REILLY posted by Roger Jennings on Saturday, May 19, 2007
- Thomas JENNINGS (born c. 1824 in Ireland) married Bridget REILLY (born c. 1824 in the Parish of Robeen, County Mayo, Ireland) in Tiffin, Seneca County, Ohio on August 16, 1852, in St. Mary's Catholic Church. They had a son Michael born on August 5, 1853, who was baptized at St. Mary's. In March 1854 Thomas Jennings filed a declaration of intent to become a citizen with the Seneca Co. Clerk of Court in Tiffin, and thereafter the family moved to Houston County, Minnesota. Searching for any information about Thomas Jennings or his family while in Ohio.
- ERFUNT, KOLB, KUHLMAN posted by John Culp on Sunday, May 20, 2007
- Seeking information on the following, who lived in Seneca County, circa 1845. Francis KOLB married Elizabeth ERFUNT 4 August 1843 in Seneca Co. They had one child, Mary, who was likely born in Seneca Co., in 1844. Nicholas KOLB, who is likely a brother of Francis, was married to Maria KUHLMAN and had 2 children; Magdalena and Jacob, while living in Tiffin, 1844 and 1845. Both families moved to Allen County, Ohio in the late 1840's. They may have arrived in Seneca Co. in the late 1830's. Any information would be much appreciated.
- CARR posted by Diane Carr Ellison on Monday, May 21, 2007
- I am trying to locate a Great Uncle Daniel Carr he lived in Republic OH and at sometime in his life he was married, to who is what I am looking for. 1920 Census he was listed as a widower He is buried in a single grave in Shelby OH in Oakland Cem. he died in 1938 He was a baker by trade living with this trade in Mansfield, Shelby then to Republic don't know if he used this trade there but I would think so. Any help would be great.
- SICKELS, SICKLES posted by Marilyn on Monday, June 4, 2007
- Sickels/les - Looking for birth record of Ruth Ann Sickels/les born in Ohio between 1840 and 1847. Help would be appreciated. Father is Daniel Sickels born 1805 in Pa. and mother Mary.
- DIETRICH posted by Donna Collier Dietrich on Sunday, June 24, 2007
- I'm looking for any Dietrich researchers, either in Henry Co. OH, or Seneca Co. OH. I'm found a ADam Dietrich age 48 years who died in Seneca, OH in 1887. The news paper article says he came from Henry Co. OH. I have an a Adam Dietrich and several other family members in the Henry Co. OH. Would sure like to compair notes... Thanks so much for any help you can give me.
- MOORE posted by Patrick Robinson on Wednesday, June 27, 2007
- I pray for the help of some one in Seneca County who can help me get copies of obits of relatives liveing in Seneca Co Ohio. .Names and dates.A George MOORE died on April 16 1960, a Vivian MOORE died on July 14 1969, and a Lee Moore died on Dec 16 1950. Pat
- HALL, MORTON, NORTON, STONER posted by Edgar C. Hall on Sunday, July 8, 2007
- Family story recorded in DAR application (dtd DEC 1896) of Sadie Smith nee Hall places the Gershom Hall family bible in the possession of John A Hall, grandson of Gershom Hall. John A Hall born 12 Feb 1841, Tiffin, Seneca Co OH and died there 3 July 1915. His wife was Mary B Stoner born abt 12 June 1843 and died at Tiffin 31 DEC 1893. ï»¿Gershom Hall of Fairfield Co CT, Lanesborough, Berkshire Co MA & Spafford Onondaga Co NY is said to have had a family bible which would probably contain names such as wife Keziah, father Jabez Hall & Hannah wife of Jabez. Gershom Hall died 1838 in Erie Co OH while visitibg relatives said to be named Morton or Norton. I have not been able to track this bible through libraries, societies, online indexes or known relatives. Where might the bible be? Edgar C Hall Jr, Asheville NC
- SECREST, SMITH posted by Cheryl Zeleznikar on Sunday, July 22, 2007
- Looking for my great Grandfather Charles Smith was a train enigneer married a Louisa Secrest in Senica, would like his dad and mothers name but the brick wall is there. Thank you cheryl zeleznikar firstname.lastname@example.org
- LYONS, MCLAUGHLIN posted by Gladys Ander on Monday, July 23, 2007
- Are there any people in the Fostoria are researching the name McLAUGHLIN? My grandfather, Michael McLAUGHLIN and his 14 children lived there. Michael was married to Ellen LYONS in Lafayette, Indiana.
- DUKES posted by Martha Karch on Wednesday, August 1, 2007
- Looking for any information on Andrew Dukes and his son John who arrived in Seneca County, Ohio in or about 1820.
- MEAD posted by Jim German on Friday, August 10, 2007
- I am trying to find out if the Stephen Mead (d. 31 Mar. 1847), buried in the Butternut Ridge Cemetery, is the son of Michael (d. 20 Nov. 1840) and Martha Mead (d. 10 Mar 1845) buried in the same cemetery. It is my understanding they came to Seneca County in the early 1830's. I would like to find out as much information on them as possible. Stephen is my Great, Great, Great Grandfather. If possible I would also like to find out about the other Meads buried in the same cemetery, and how they may be inter-related. Infant Mead. d. 12 Mar. 1871. Infant Mead. d. 22 Jan. 1869. Ellavoisa Mead. d. 27 Jan. 1880 Emily J. Mead. d. 1910. Enos Mead. d. 18 Mar 1845. Harriet Mead. d. 9 Jun. 1849
- BISTNER, HAEFLING, KELLEY, KINTZ, KUHN, MOSSENETTE, STRAUGHBAUGH, SWOPE posted by Cindy Shaw on Monday, September 3, 2007
- Query Text: George Joseph KUHN Family George b. 1794 in Germany or France married to Mary abt. 1818. Children: George b. abt 1820 married Elizabeth BISTNER, Mary b. abt 1821 married to Henry STRAUGHBAUGH, Joseph b. abt 1824 married to Sara STRAUGHBAUGH, Jacob b. abt 1825 married to Catherine SWOPE, Michael b. abt 1826 married #1 to Maryanne KELLEY, #2 to Mary MOSSENETTE, Barbara b. abt. 1830 married to Adam HAEFLING, David b. abt 1831 married to Elizabeth KINTZ, John b. abt. 1833 died abt 1850, and Elizabeth b. abt 1834 married to Peter SWOPE. George, Mary, Joseph and Jacob were all born in France or Germany. Michael, Barbara, David, John and Elizabeth were born in Pennsylvania. They migrated to Seneca Co. OH abt. 1840.
- BALKEY, BOCKEY, ZIMMERMAN posted by Fred Woods on Monday, September 3, 2007
- BALKEY/BOCKEY/ZIMMERMAN Seeking any information on the BALKEY/BOCKEY surname. George Washington BALKEY is listed on the 1850 Seneca County, OH census. George married Susan ZIMMERMAN in Knox County, OH in 1840. Any help would be greatly appreciated
- OCONNOR posted by Charlie Peal on Thursday, September 6, 2007
- I am trying to locate a Karen Susan O'Connor birth date unknown approx.41 years for her brother Thomas Harry O'Connor now living in an extended care facility in Corpus Christi Tex. Married name unknown also said to have possibly moved to California. Father Dale S. O'Connor and mother Leona June O'Connor both deceased. Any help or clues will be greatly appreciated.
- DORAN posted by Susan Kiley on Saturday, September 8, 2007
- I'm interested in finding the info listed in 1860 Ohio Mortality Schedule for: John Doran died month 5, year 1860 age given as 86 Seneca County I tried to order a copy from the Hayes Presidential Center website thru Tiffin Library, but it didn't work.
- BIDDLE, FACKLER, MUIR, SWEAGEN, SWEAGER posted by Anne Bennett on Tuesday, September 11, 2007
- MUIR, 1800s - OH - Seeking parents of Phylinda MUIR, b. 11 Jun 1860 in Greensprings, Seneca Co. near Sandusk Co. OH m. 24 Sep 1880 in Gibsonburg OH. Possibly she was from the Muir family shown in the 1880 census of Green Springs, Seneca Co. Pg. 069B headed by James Muir, 35, (b. OH, father and mother b. NY) and including his father Peter Muir, 65. (b. NY, father b. Scotland, mother b. CT). There are also two later records of admission of Peter Muir to the Seneca Co. Home. MUIR, BIDDLE, FACKLER -1800s - OH- Seeking second marriage of PHYLINDA MUIR, b. 11 Jun 1860 in Greensprings OH m. (1) 24 Sep 1880 in Gibsonburg OH to George Washington BIDDLE, (2) aft. 1888 perhaps to SWEAGEN or SWEAGER, (3) 1922 to John E. FACKLER of Haviland, Paulding Co. OH.
- posted by Mrs. Dean Spitler on Wednesday, October 10, 2007
- Could you tell me where the cemetery called Fort Seneca Cemetery is located? I can not find any information on it, and my husband has several relatives in this particular cemetery. Is it possible that it has been renamed?
- ANDERSON posted by Sigel Stocker on Monday, October 29, 2007
- I'm looking for information on an Ambrose Anderson. There is one listed as passing away in Seneca County on 11-26-1927. Could some one please check on his parents and age at death? An obit would help. Thanks.
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at email@example.com.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.