Seneca County, OH , Posted Queries for
Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for October 2005 thru May 2006
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- KEPKE, KIPKA, KIPKE, SCHRICKEL posted by Jonathan on Sunday, October 2, 2005
- I am primarily researching the name Kipka, (Kipke/Kepke) and Schrickel. I am looking for help on finding an obit for Rose Schrickel (Rose Kipke) or any info to confirm her siblings' names. She arrrived in the U.S. in 1854, with brothers identified as Ernst, Carl and Franz. Have confirmed Ernst, but think Carl and Franz took (or had) different names. Trying to confirm who I think they became. Rose died in Seneca county in 1883 and is buried in Greenlawn cemetery. She married Frederick Schrickel in 1857. Thanks.
- ANDERSON, WAGNER posted by Bob on Tuesday, October 4, 2005
- Greetings, Seeking any leads to find the parents of GEORGE WAGNER born about 1823. One of his sons, JOHN WAGNER was supposedly born in Seneca County about 1855. Georges' wife was SARAH (ANDERSON) WAGNER.
- CLEMENS, KISER posted by John Gunder on Wednesday, October 19, 2005
- Kiser, Jacob found in the 1850 census and I think this man and family may have came from first Pa. and then moved to satrak County Ohio and about 1840 moved to Seneca County Ohio information has it he had eleven children I am looking for a daughter that married a Daniel Clemens about 1837 her name was Hannah Kiser born about 1820 in Stark county Ohio.
- GROVE, KISER posted by John Gunder on Wednesday, October 19, 2005
- Jacob KISER and wife Elizabeth buried in Loudon Twp. Cemetery, Seneca County Ohio along with son Jacob, Infant and Mary daughter I think this man had eleven children and migrated from either stark County Oh. or Pa. about 1836 or later to Seneca County Ohio. Dates found in cemetery are: Jacob KISER D: Aug 23, 1864 40y 2 mn 13d, Kisor Infant, s/o H&M, d Dec 18, 1862 5d Mary Kiser, d/o J&E, dDec 3 1842 14 y, 5m 4d Jacob Kiser d. apr 23 1869 72y 6m 10dy Elizabeth Keiser, w/o Jacob, d. Dec 12, 1862, 68y 2m 28d I think Elizabeth maiden name was Grove. My main search is for a daughter Hannah Kiser born 1820 Stark County Ohio, I am willing to share information.
- LITTLE, LITTLES, PEER posted by Roger Guilford on Tuesday, November 1, 2005
- I am looking for information on David Littles (Little) b. 11 April 1837, Tiffen Ohio; d. 24 Jan 1910, Mound City, Holt, MO. Mr. Littles was united in marriage to Miss Catharine Peer, date unknown and then to her sister Mary Elizabeth Peer on 15 Sep 1866. Mary E. Peer b. 24 Oct 1847, Ohio, d. 21 Nov 1914, Mound City, Holt, MO. I have no additional information on Mr. Little's parents or siblings and no additional information on Miss Mary Peer's family. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank You Roger Guilford
- HAMM posted by Madelyne Hamm on Monday, November 7, 2005
- I find Valentine Hamm in the 1870 census in Green Spring. I can not find him in the 1860 census. However, the history of Seneca County listed him (Val Ham) as one of the founding members of the F & A M lodge #427. Can you tell me what year the lodge was founded? Thank you for your help.
- RADER, TALL posted by Nancy Coan on Thursday, November 10, 2005
- TALL- Looking for any info on Cornelius TALL b. abt. 1820, resided Pleasant Twp., Seneca Co., Ohio in 1860. Cornelius' wife was Eliza Ann (?), and known children are : Mary TALL, Henry Thomas TALL who was in the Civil War & b. 1846,and married Mary Ann RADER, Celia P. TALL b. 1849, and married George RADER, and Amanuel TALL b. 1853. If any one can look them up in the 1860 census or later, or have other info for me on them, I would appreciate it. The TALL family in the late 1800s / early 1900s move on to Allen Co., Lima, Ohio, and then on to Mason Co., Ludington, Michigan in the 1900s.
- CLEMENS, KISER posted by John Gunder on Tuesday, November 22, 2005
- Marriage Bonds Seneca County Ohio date about 1836/1837 pertaing to Daniel Clemens and Hannah Kiser or address where to write to. John Gunder KBOSZO@AOL.COM
- SMITH posted by Rachel Snider on Monday, November 28, 2005
- Hi, my name is Rachel Pierce-Snider. I am part of the Smith Family. I am looking for Donald Edwin Smith. His birthdate is 1-25-1931. What I am looking for is marriage records and birth records related to him. I would also like to know the bith records of his children. This is my grandfather. Thanks Rachel Snider
- ISH posted by Debby Ronzio on Thursday, December 29, 2005
- I am searching for information on the Ish family buried in Springville Cemetery; John, James, Peter, Noah. They all died prior to death records. I am wondering if there is a Sexton's map showing if there are others buried on the lot, but do not have headstones? I know who John and James are, but am uncertain who Peter & Noah are. Any help will be most appreciated. Thank you Debby Ronzio firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMITH posted by Edward Smith on Monday, January 23, 2006
- I am looking for sophia smith's husband! The following information comes from the 1860 every name index at Ancestry.com., The Smith household included: Sophia Smith, 53, F, $100 personal estate, b. Md--- Charles Smith, 27, M, engineer, b, Ohio--- Lloyd J. Smith, 18 M, apprent. joiner, b. Ohio. any information on finding her husband would be appreciated, Kind Regards, Edward Smith---
- BAKER, BAULT, BRADEN, GREGG, HUNTER, SPEAKER posted by Virginia D. Winters on Saturday, February 4, 2006
- Researching John BAULT, b 1835 in Seneca Co, who with his brother Tom BAULT, b 1840, went from Seneca Co OH to Jackson Co MO abt 1865-66. Their parents were John BAULT and Mary (Polly) BRADEN, married 4 Nov 1825 in Richland Co OH. According to "A Pioneer History of Richland County, Ohio" by Brinkerhoff, the first school in Washington Township was taught by Polly BRADEN in 1818 in a log house on the farm of Ebenezer Smith. Other siblings of John and Tom BAULT were Elizabeth b 1825, m John BAKER; Ruth b 1827, m Samuel BAKER; Catherine b 1828, m Samuel SPEAKER; Rebecca b 1830; Mary b 1831, m Joseph SPEAKER; Permelia b 1837; Mariah b 1842. Tom m Mary Esther GREGG 14 Apr 1864 in Richland Co OH and they moved to Jackson Co MO with Tom's brother John who m Jane HUNTER 11 Feb 1872 there. I would appreciate contact with anyone researching this family. Virginia Winters email@example.com
- GERBER, OLMER, SCHNEIDER, UMLOR, WALTERS posted by Charlene Bauer on Saturday, February 11, 2006
- I am searching for members of the OLMER family, specifically the family of Mary A, (Schneider) Omlor. Mary Ann was the sister of my great-grandfather, Louis Schneider (Barbara Mathias.) The family was from France and came to the US with their mother (1852) who passed away on board the ship. She also had sisters; Magdalena Gerber, Catherine Walters, Elizabeth Umlor, Eva Schneider. Their other brother was John Schneider who was married to Mary Wehr of Michigan. Mary Ann (Peter) and Elizabeth (John B.) lived in Michigan, Catherine (Ben) in Buffalo, NY, John in Michigan, Magdalena was married to Jacob Gerber of Seneca County. SURNAMES: OLMER, SCHNEIDER, WALTERS, UMLOR, GERBER Thank you. Charlene Bauer firstname.lastname@example.org
- FELTON, FILTON, FILUIS, MOLITAR posted by Martha Carlson on Tuesday, February 14, 2006
- I'm looking for my Felton family. Michael Felton/Filton/Filuis and wife Margaretha, nee Molitar came to America in 1837 and settled in Seneca Co, Ohio with their son, John born 29 Sep 1826. Michael and Margaretha were born about 1794 in the Netherlands. John married Katherina Frederich in Tiffin, Seneca Co, OH in 1848. I'm looking for any other children of Michael and Margaretha, census records, church records, birthdates for Michael and Margaretha. I've come to a brick wall. I believe they had another son, Theodore but were there any other children? John and Katherina had 21 children according to their obit's here in MN. I only have 13 here in MN. Can you find names, dob's and dod's there? According to their obits they lived in Seneca Co, Ohio for 30 years before coming to Carver County, MN. Thank you for any help you can give me. I sure appreciate it.
- ANDERSON posted by Tom Eishen on Saturday, February 18, 2006
- Help. My great grandmother was Mary Anderson. On the 1900 census, she was head of household with two small children at home. I knew she'd been divorced, but I don't know my great grandfathers first name nor my grandmothers maiden name. I write Civil War novels and I would like to track down this side of the family to see if any of them fought in the war, but right now I'm at a stand still. Any suggestions? Tom Eishen
- SMITH posted by Edward Smith on Sunday, February 19, 2006
- I have been searching without sucess for Sophia Smith's husband. Here's what I have so far. Sophia Smith, 53, F, $100 personal estate, b. Md. Charles Smith, 27, M, engineer, b. Ohio Lloyd J. Smith, 18, M, apprent. joiner, b. Ohio This information was taken from the 1860 every name index at Ancestry.com., and the Smith family was living at this time in Tiffin, Ohio. In the cemetery records they have a Sophia L. Smith, age 78, buried in Upper Sandusky Ohio, but I don't know if this is the right Smith because I can't get into the records.
- FALLER posted by Sandy Faller on Thursday, April 13, 2006
- I am a member of the Seneca Serchers. I was hoping that some kind soul, could look up a name for me: John Eaton; in the below book. I truly appreciate it. Notes Photocopy of original published: Tiffin, Ohio : Dolly Todd Madison Chapter, D.A.R., 1915. Subjects Ohio - History - 1787-1865 Copies Call Number - Location 977.1 H2oe - FHL US/CAN Book - Available Format Books/Monographs Language English Publication Fort Wayne, Indiana : Allen County Public Library, 1983 Physical 273 leaves. Subject Class 977.1 H2 Film Notes Note - Location [Film] No film notes for this title. © 2002 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.
- posted by Laura on Sunday, April 23, 2006
- We are looking to find the person or persons responsible for building barns around the fireside township in or about 1834-1835 or the first one built and the builders name would be helpful. Thanks Laura
- HENNEY posted by James Henney on Sunday, April 23, 2006
- my name is James (Jim) Henney. I was born in Flat Rock, Seneca county ( 1947). I've just begun checking into my family history. I can stand in the Flat Rock cemetery and see the stones of my father Marvin (1907-1968), grandfather Willard (1874-1950), great grandfather Jonathan (1841-1908), and great great grandfather, Philip (1800-1866). I know that Willard was a farmer and landowner. His farm was located in the north east corner of seneca county. I believe the two generations before him were also farmers and landowners but I haven't found records supporting that Philip's father was John Adam Henney (Hennig) of centre co. Penns. Can you point me to a sight where I can find this information??? Thanks for your time.. email@example.com
- DEVENY posted by Bill Ellison on Wednesday, May 10, 2006
- My name is Bill Ellisen and I'm doing an ancestoral search. Specifically, my Great-Great Grandfather, Elias who was born in Tiffin Ohio in 1832. Also his Father, Timothy F. Deveny Any information regarding birth or marriage records on these two would be greatly appreciated Where do you suggest I write or whom should I contact regarding this information? Thak you in advance for whatever help you are able to provide. Bill Ellisen 3690 W. Hidden Valley Dr. Reno,v. 89502
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.