Mt. Zion Cemetery
Description: Is located on S. R. 138 about 5 miles west of the City of Hillsboro. It is a very well kept and private cemetery.
History: The original land was once owned by George and Sarah Charles and Philip Wilkin and in 1842 was deeded the Trustees of The High German Reform Church. Those trustees were Peter Pence and Jesse Kesler.
Additional land was added in 1868 from David and Louisa Wilkin to the German Reform Church whose trustees were Eli Runyon, George Pence and George Fawley. The cemetery was again enlarged in 1877 to the trustees of New Market Township from George and Catharine Pence and David and Louise Wilkin.
Cemetery records are in the care of the current cemetery trustees.
This is a partial listing of burials in this cemetery and was done in 2005.