Westchester Maps, NYGenWeb
Hosted websites will become read-only beginning in early 2024. At that time, all logins will be disabled, but hosted sites will remain on RootsWeb as static content.
Website owners wishing to maintain their sites must migrate to a different hosting provider before 2024 (More info)
Westchester County, NY
This page was last updated: Thursday, 05-Apr-2012 09:37:16 MDT
Westchester County's Government Home Pages list much information about the county and the resources within the county, including a Map of Westchester County from the Planning Commission.
There is another map of Westchester County at http://www.pojonews.com/enjoy/maps/west.htm
For a map of lower Westchester County, see: http://www.marionsellshomes.com/map.htm
A real estate broker's Map of Westchester: http://www.amshomefinder.com/NY/NY119027604.html.
More information about the county as well as maps can be viewed at the County's Geographic Information Services site located at http://giswww.co.westchester.ny.us/
Some other web sites containing maps can be found at:
- – Color Landform Maps New York
- – New York Interactive County Map from the Census Bureau
- – Mapquest
- – Tiger Mapping Service
- – Willow Bend Books Mapstore
Repositories Holding Maps
The NYPL has an extensive map collection in their Map Division.
Insurance maps were detailed to the point of showing each building on each street so that insurance companies knew what to pay the insurer in the event of fire or destruction.
- The Sanborn Map Company
- Insurance maps of the town of Greenburgh, New York (including Hastings, Dobbs Ferry, Ardsley, Greenville, and Hartsdale) . Volume 2 includes Irvington, East Irvington, Elmsford, Glenville, and Tarrytown in the town of Greenburgh, also North Tarrytown and Philipse Manor in the town of Mt. Pleasant.
- Insurance maps of the town of Port Chester, New York (including Town of Rye, City of Rye, and Town of Harrison) 
- Insurance maps of Mamaroneck: including village of Larchmont, New York
- Insurance maps of the town of Pelham which comprises North Pelham, Pelham, and Pelham Manor and the town of Eastchester which includes the villages of Bronxville and Tuckahoe, New York. 
- International Map Company, Ridgefield, NJ
- "Sleepy Hollow Country", Irvington, North Tarrytown, Tarrytown
- Town of Bedford (and Mount Kisco), compliments of the County Trust Company [Mount Kisco, NY: County Trust, 1968].
- Atlas of the City of Mount Vernon and the Town of Pelham: compiled from official records, personal surveys, and othe rprivate plans and surveys. [Mount Vernon, NY: John F. Fairchild, 1908] Copy available at the New York Public Library's Map Division.
- Town and Village of Scarsdale and Vicinity [New York: Lithoprint Company of New York, 1970].
- The City of White Plains, the town and village of Scarsdale, Westchester County, New York [New York: J.H.H. Muirhead, 1930]
Many town historical societies hold maps of their vicinities, including copies of the Sanborn insurance maps (see above). Be sure to inquire at such institutions as well as at local libraries.
Return to Westchester County's Town Index page.
Return to the main page for Westchester County at NYGenWeb.
Return to the NYGenWeb web site.
© 1996-2012 Cathy Horn. All rights reserved.NYGENWEB's Westchester County URL: https://sites.rootsweb.com/~nywestch/
This web site was designed by and has been exclusively maintained since November 1996 by Cathy Horn.