Greenwood - Part of the Steuben Co., NY GenWeb page - Judy Cwiklinski - coordinator

Part of the Steuben Co., NY GenWeb - Judy Allen Cwiklinski coordinator

Greenwood

  Back to Home  

  Township page  


HISTORICAL GAZETTEER

Steuben County, New York

FIRST PART

Compiled by: Millard F. Roberts

John Single Paper Company, Ltd., Syracuse, N.Y., 1891

This was typed and contributed by Gloria Banks Kirkwood

GREENWOOD


"Greenwood
was formed from Troupsburg and Canisteo, January 24, 1827. The town of West Union was taken off in 1845, and a part of Jasper was annexed in 1848. It is one of the western tier of towns, and is situated south of the centre. It is bounded north by Hartsville, east by Jasper, south by West Union and west by Allegany county. The surface is chiefly a rolling upland. The principal stream is Bennett's creek, which flows northerly through the east part of the town, in a valley surrounded by hills from four to six hundred feet in height. The soil is gravelly and clayey loam. The population in 1890 was 1,306.


Other Greenwood links:


  1. Anson Brewster Cemetery - (gr1)

  2. Mead Settlement Cemetery - (gr2)

  3. Kruzen Cemetery - (gr3)

  4. Dryden Hill Cemetery - (gr5)

  5. Greenwood Cemetery - (gr7)

  6. Old Catholic Cemetery - (gr9)

  7. Rough & Ready Cemetery - (gr10)


You are our [an error occurred while processing this directive] visitor to visit this page thanks for stopping by!

Last modified Tuesday, 28-Aug-2001 14:19:59 MDT