Part of the Steuben Co., NY GenWeb - Judy Allen Cwiklinski coordinator
Steuben County, New York
Compiled by: Millard F. Roberts
|John Single Paper Company, Ltd., Syracuse, N.Y., 1891|
This was typed and contributed by Gloria Banks Kirkwood
CAMPBELL page 186
"Was formed from Hornby, April 15, 1831, and was named in honor of Rev. Robert Campbell, an early proprietor. It is an interior town, lying southwest of the centre of the county, bounded north by a portion of Bath and the town of Bradford, east by Hornby, south by Erwin and a part of Addison, and west by Thurston.
Its surface consists of high, broken ridges, separated by the valleys of the streams. The declivities of the hills are generally steep, and their summits from three hundred to five hundred feet above the valleys. The Conhocton river flows southeast through the town, and its tributaries withing the borders of the town are Wolf Run, McNutt Run, Mead's Creek, Dry Run and Stephens and Michigan - or Otter- creeks. The river valley is about a mile in width, and its soil is a rich alluvium.
Hope Cemetery - (cb2)
Riverside Cemetery - (cb2r) (6/30)
Hillside Cemetery - (cb3)
Curtis Cemetery - (cb4) (9/30)
East Campbell Cemetery (cb5)
Chrisjohn Cemetery - (cb6) (9/30)
Old Catholic Cemetery - (cb7)
1891 Campbell Directory - Millard F. Roberts  (4/25/02)
1895 - 1898 Campbell - Vital Records from the newspaper scrapbook of Mrs. Cornell
compiled & contributed by: Marion Springer (5/24/99)
You are our [an error occurred while processing this directive] visitor to visit this page thanks for stopping by!
Last modified Friday, 23-Jan-2004 12:16:00 MST
Cwiklinski Steuben Co., NY GenWeb
coordinator 1999-2004 ©
Commercial use prohibited. All right's reserved.