NYGenWeb Putnam County, -- What's New!
Putnam County, New York
What's Been Added to this Site Recently?
These pages were last updated: Friday, 02-Apr-2010 06:38:44 MDT
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! If you have some information, transcribed documents, or anything of interest to the genealogical community for Putnam County, please contact the Putnam county coordinator to offer your assistance.
- April 2010
- The Last Will & Testament of Samuel Horton of Carmel, transcribed and submitted by Lynn Sheren.
- March 2010
- Revolutionary War Pensioners in Putnam county, NY
- Putnam County in the Military
- The Last Will & Testament of Joseph Horton,of Phillips, transcribed and submitted by Lynn Sheren.
- November 2009
- The Last Will & Testament of Peter Baddeau, transcribed and submitted by Susan Godlewski. Contains some additional genealogical information.
- April 2009
- Selleck Family Plot, Putnam Valley
- March 2008
- Updated Cemetery web page
- February 2004
- The following sections trascribed from Chapter XXVII of The History of Putnam county were recently added and complete the transcription for this entire chaper.
- January 2004
- April 2003
- July 2002
- Census page listing the census schedules through 1930 for Putnam county. Also includes section on Locating Enumeration Districts in the 1930 Federal Census.
- June 2002
- May 2002
- February 2002
- August 2000
- new Cemetery page
- From Pelletreau's "History of Putnam County" the entire Chapter XXIX containing the all of the following:
- Personal Sketches for the Town of Kent
- Personal Sketches for the Town of Carmel
- Personal Sketches for the Town of Patterson
- Personal Sketches for the Town of Putnam Valley
- Personal Sketches for the Town of Philipstown
- Personal Sketches for the Town of Southeast
- July 2000
- The following sketches have been added:
- June 2000
- Have added a search engine to the Putnam home page.
- Personal Sketches of Fowlers in Chapter XXIX have been transcribed. Also see the above entry transcribed in July which has greater detail of the Fowler family.
- Old Milltown Burying Ground, Southeast
- Red Mills Presbyterian Church Burying Ground, Carmel
- Red Mills Baptist Church Burying Ground, Carmel
- The Methodist Episcopal Church Burying Grounds
- Lake Mahopac Methodist Church and Burying Ground
- Added to town pages of Carmel, Patterson, Kent, Philipstown, Putnam Valley and Southeast some of the names of Cemeteries and Churchs as found in Pelletreau's "History of Putnam County".
- Gilead Burying Ground of Carmel
- Map of lots from Philipse Patent donated by Janet T. Newman.
- William Garrison's biographical sketch added.
- Table of Contents of Pelletreau's History of Putnam County (published in 1886) has been added. Eventually, I hope to have a major portion of this book transcribed and added to this site. However, sections will be added one piece at a time. For starters, the cemetery listings found within the book will be added. However, if upon looking at the table of contents for this book you see something of interest to you, feel free to contact me and request that your entry of interest be transcribed. This County Coordinator will try to transcribe them as time permits in the order that the individual requests are received.
Return to the main Putnam County page.
Return to NYGenWeb web site.
© 1998-2010 Cathy Horn. All Rights Reserved.NYGenWeb's Putnam County — https://sites.rootsweb.com/~nyputnam/