The Town of Shelby was formed on March 6, 1818. It is located in the southwest corner of Orleans County and is 7-1/2 miles across from east to west and 6 miles across from north to south. The southern half of the Village of Medina is in the Town of Shelby. It has four hamlets; Millville, East Shelby, Shelby Center and West Shelby. One of the ealiest settlers was Ralph Gregory.
Vital Statistics records start in 1882
Return to Orleans County page