This church is situated in Geddes on the corner of Schuyler street and Lowell avenue. The society was organized in 1871, with Rev. Hugh Shields, pastor; he remained only a short time and was succeeded by the Rev. Dr. Lynch, afterwards vicar-general, who completed the basement of the church. In July, 1871, Rev. Patrick F. Smith was appointed pastor and continued work on the church until its completion. He was succeeded in 1875 by Rev. James P. Magee. The church edifice is of brick and cost $50,000.
Submitted 18 July 1998