M.E. CHURCH, FABIUS, NY
Town of Fabius
Compiled by Pamela Priest
Source: History of Onondaga County, by Prof. W. W.
D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1878, pg. 385
FIRST M. E.
CHURCH, of Fabius. - The earliest meetings were held in a school
house. The church edifice was erected in 1821. Among the
members of the church were Anson Cadwell, David Porter, Daniel Porter,
Carlson Hodgson, Sallie Cadwell and Catherine Hubbard. The cost
the church edifice was $6,000. The names of the following pastors
have been furnished us:
Rev. Moses Adams,
Dr. Luke Hitchcock, Rev. John E. Robie, Dr. D. A.
Wheadon, Rev. Thomas Harrow, Rev. P. H. Wiles, Rev. C. L. F. Howe,
Ph. D., present pastor.
105; Sunday school, 147.
Methodist Episcopal Church
From postcard collection of Pamela Priest
Henry C. Stebbins, great-grandfather
of Pamela Priest, was a minister at this church.
Photo from collection of Pamela Priest
to Onondaga County Church Records page.
to Onondaga County NY USGenWeb page.
29 November 1996
3 July 2005