Newsday (Long Island, NY) Obituaries, 1995-99

Newsday (Long Island, NY) Obituaries, 1995-99
Nassau County, NY


Headline: A. R. Omundsen, Once of LI
Publication Date: July 05, 1996
Source: Newsday
Page: A47
Region: New York Metro, New York

Obituary: Agnes Redmond Omundsen, an admitting officer at Nassau County Medical Center for more than two decades, died last Friday of Parkinson's disease at Mediplex of Southbury, a nursing home in Connecticut. She was 82.

Born in Manhattan, Mrs. Omundsen was raised in Richmond Hill, Queens. She attended Richmond Hill High School and continued her education at a business school in Queens. After completing the program, she worked as a secretary for an attorney.

In the early 1930s, she married the late James Omundsen, whom she grew up with in the same neighborhood in Queens. After they were married, the couple moved to Ozone Park where they raised their four children.

In 1952, the Omundsen family relocated to East Meadow. Just a few years later, she began working at Meadowbrook Hospital in East Meadow - now Nassau County Medical Center - as an admitting officer. She remained there for 23 years until her retirement. "She was a very kind and loving woman. Her focus was to do little things to make others happy," said her daughter, Eileen Wieners of Southbury.

Mrs. Omundsen and her husband moved to Southbury 18 years ago and she enjoyed spending time with her grandchildren. She was also a member of St. Raphael's Church in East Meadow and the Civil Service Association.

In addition to her daughter, she is survived by a son, James Edward Omundsen of Oswego, N.Y.; two other daughters, Patricia Ann Sciullo of Mercer, Pa., and Ellen Lattimore of Coram, N.Y.; a brother, Edward Redmond of Ozone Park, N.Y.; a sister, Grace Valentine of Boynton Beach, Fla.; 12 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren.

Services were held Monday and Tuesday in Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church in Southbury. Burial followed a funeral mass on Tuesday in Calverton National Cemetery.

The family requests that any contributions be made to the Parkinson's Disease Association, Connecticut Chapter, 27 Allendale Dr., North Haven, Conn., 06473.

Headline: Albert Tangredi, 67, Ex-Stereotyper
Publication Date: May 16, 1996
Source: Newsday
Page: A64
Region: New York Metro, New York

Obituary: Albert (Tony) Tangredi of East Meadow, a stereotyper at Newsday in the newspaper's early years, died Monday in Nassau County Medical Center after a long illness. He was 67.

Reared in Roosevelt, Mr. Tangredi attended Hempstead High School.

He was hired at Newsday in 1947 and celebrated 40 years with the newspaper in 1987, according to family members and Newsday associates. He worked as a stereotyper and became a platemaker as industry equipment evolved. He left permanently on disability in 1989, according to Gwen Ward of Newsday's human resources department.

Austin Cobbs, a Newsday platemaker, said he worked with Mr. Tangredi for 15 years. "He was a nice guy. He was willing to help anybody and everybody. He was caring. He was generous. He was thoughtful."

Newsday platemaker Jerry Ennis said he worked with Mr. Tangredi for 37 years and hunted with his former colleague at Mr. Tangredi's cabin in the Catskills. "I've known him since he was a kid. He taught me a lot of the trade. He was a nice, quiet guy. He knew his job, was easy to get along with, a hell of a worker."

Mr. Tangredi is survived by a son, Thomas, of Hampton Bays; two daughters, Patricia A., of Patchogue, and Diana Ferraro, of Fort Pierce, Fla.; a brother, Thomas, of Ocala, Fla.; a sister, Marie Eisenberg, of Moyock, N.C.; six grandchildren, and one great grandchild.

Mass of Christian Burial will be said at 9:30 a.m. tomorrow in St. John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church, Center Moriches; with burial following in Mount Pleasant Cemetery, Center Moriches.

Headline: Alfred Robbins Valentine, 77, Was Real Estate Broker
Publication Date: November 07, 1996
Source: Newsday
Page: A77
Region: New York Metro, New York

Obituary: Alfred Robbins Valentine, real estate broker and proprietor of the Valentine Agency, which helped turn East Williston farm land into a residential community, died Oct. 15 following heart surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan. He was 77.

A lifelong resident of East Williston, Mr. Valentine, who earned the rank of Eagle Scout, attended Roslyn High School for two years and graduated from Manlius Military School, near Syracuse. He was a 1941 graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Finance and Commerce.

During World War II, Mr. Valentine served four years in the Army Air Force as an officer in the Air Technical Service Command at Patterson Field, Ohio. He was promoted to rank of major, shortly before his discharge in 1946.

After the war, he took over the Mineola-based insurance and real-estate agency founded by his father, J. Alfred Valentine, who left the company to co-found Roosevelt Raceway. As proprietor of the family business, Mr. Valentine helped develop the Robbins Hills section of East Williston, the group of houses that were built on former family-owned farm land.

Mr. Valentine was a past president of the Nassau County Association of Insurance Agents, Mineola-Garden City Rotary Club and East Williston Civic Association and the Grand Jury Association. He was a member of the Nassau County Historical Society and the Mineola Chamber of Commerce, and he served as a trustee of Roslyn Savings Bank for more than 40 years.

Mr. Valentine is survived by his wife, Mary, of East Williston; two sons, A. Robbins Valentine Jr., of Bayville, and Eric, of Hong Kong; and a daughter, Barbara Sartorius, of Villanova, Pa.; and seven grandchildren.
Services were held at Community Church, East Williston on Oct. 19, followed by burial at Friends Cemetery, Westbury.

Donations may be made to the Quogue Wildlife Association, P.O. Box 492, Quogue, N.Y. 11959.

Headline: Amato Stanco, 75, Glen Cove Sports Hall of Famer
Publication Date: June 01, 1997
Source: Newsday
Page: A69
Region: New York Metro, New York

Obituary: Amato Stanco, a lifelong resident of Glen Cove and a member of Newsday's first Nassau County All-Scholastic high school football team in 1940, died Thursday of a stroke at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset. He was 75.

Stanco, a single-wing running back for Glen Cove High School, was proud of his high school football career. "I wanted to play college ball," he said in an interview on the 50th anniversary of his Newsday award in 1990, "but we were barely out of high school when the war {World War II} began. That's the way things were. Those were tough times."

Mr. Stanco was born in Glen Cove on Jan. 24, 1922. His father, Marco, had emigrated from Italy in September, 1900, when he was 15.

After serving with the U.S. Air Force on the Pacific island of Tinian during World War II, Mr. Stanco worked for the U.S. Postal Service for more than 30 years until retiring in 1980. He also served for 30 years as the Glen Cove city marshal, dealing with such business as summonses, jury notices and evictions.

After the war, he also returned to playing semi-pro football with the Glen Cove AA. He was inducted into the Glen Cove Sports Hall of Fame in 1984.

During his Air Force tour, he met a member of the Women's Army Corps, Emily Ruisi of East Meadow, at the former Mitchel Field base in Uniondale. They married on Dec. 7, 1947, and had seven children.

Besides his wife, Mr. Stanco is survived by daughters Marianne Leal of Plainsboro, N.J., Angela Kidder of Roswell, Ga., Paula of Houston and Susan of Washington, D.C.; sons Peter of Manorville, Marco of Glen Cove and Amato Jr. of Commack; a brother, Charles of Glen Cove; two sisters, Carmela of Glen Cove and Virginia Orlando of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., and eight grandchildren.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Diabetes Society or the Brian Stanco Leukemia Fund, 9 First St., Glen Cove, N.Y. 11542, or to both. The family received friends yesterday and will again today 3-5 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. at the McLaughlin Kramer Megiel Funeral Home, 220 Glen St., Glen Cove. A funeral mass will take place at Church of St. Rocco at 10:30 a.m. tomorrow. Burial will follow at Holy Rood Cemetery in Westbury.

Headline: Annajo Engelke, 71, Music Teacher
Publication Date: September 05, 1996
Source: Newsday
Page: A39
Region: New York Metro, New York

Obituary: Annajo Engelke, who spent three decades teaching Plainview schoolchildren to sing, died Aug. 28 at Nassau County Medical Center after a long illness. She was 71.

"Everything was music with her," said her daughter and sole survivor, Pamela Engelke of Hicksville.

Born Annajo Greer on Nov. 25, 1924, in New Rochelle, she grew up in White Plains with her parents, Lulu and William Greer, who also enjoyed music. She graduated from White Plains High School and attended classes at several colleges before receiving a master's degree in music from Northwestern University and a teaching certificate from Columbia University Teacher's College, her daughter said. Mrs. Engelke loved to sing and hoped at one time to become an opera singer, Pamela Engelke said.

After being married for about a decade to Clarence Engelke, the couple divorced, and Mrs. Engelke and her daughter moved to Long Island in the late 1950s. She taught briefly in the Massapequa schools before starting her career in Plainview in 1959 and moving to Hicksville in the early 1960s.

As a music appreciation teacher, Mrs. Engelke led scores of elementary school students through holiday programs and musicals such as "Peter Pan." "There were times when we'd walk into a store and all these kids would say, `Remember when I played the lead in the Christmas program?' " her daughter said. "She was so proud."

Mrs. Engelke retired from the school district in 1989. She continued to sing in local choirs, and played golf and taught bridge to residents of several communities in Nassau County until her death, which followed a long bout with lung cancer and emphysema, her daughter said.

Mrs. Engelke was buried Friday at Kensico Cemetery in Mt. Pleasant.

Headline: Anne Hollmuller, Legal Secretary
Publication Date: March 17, 1995
Source: Newsday
Page: A74
Region: New York Metro, New York

Obituary: " Anne Hollmuller, a former longtime resident of New Hyde Park, died Wednesday at Ormond Memorial Hospital in Palm Coast, Fla., from complications following heart-valve surgery. She was 73.

From the late 1950s until her retirement in 1983, Mrs. Hollmuller had been a secretary for the former Mineola law firm of Kutner, McGinity, Gurlides, and Hurley, of which two partners ! - Harry Kutner and Leo McGinity ! - are now Nassau County State Supreme Court justices. She also had been a secretary to the Lake Success board of trustees.

Mrs. Hollmuller and her husband of 52 years, Edward, a former systems engineer for IBM, had lived in New Hyde Park from 1946 until shortly after her retirement, when they moved to Florida and a summer home in Stony Creek, N.Y. , She had been an active community volunteer most of her life, from preparing bandages for the Red Cross during World War II while her husband was fighting in North Africa and Italy to working with the Palm Coast volunteer fire department and Flagler Memorial Hospital in Bunnell, Fla.

In New Hyde Park Mrs. Hollmuller had been active with the PTA organizations and the Cub Scouts. She was a member of the Order of the Eastern Star and the Daughters of the American Revolution. She was also a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary and, in Florida, the Lutheran Women of St. Marks by the Sea.

Besides her husband and son, she is survived by a daughter, Christine Hagen of Hillsdale, N.Y.; a sister, Charlotte Cooke of Gaithersburg, Md., and three grandchildren.

***M1CORRECTIONS: Yesterday's obituary of Anne Hollmuller omitted the name of a survivor, her son Russell of Bayville.(3/18M0/M195 2 NS)M0***

A memorial service will be held at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at St. Marks by the Sea Lutheran Church in Palm Coast, Fla. In lieu of flowers the family suggests that donations in her memory be made to the Volunteer Auxiliary of Flagler Memorial Hospital, P.O. 1814, Bunnell, Fla., 32110, or to the American Heart Association.

Headline: Anthony Casabona, 68, A&P Manager
Publication Date: March 06, 1997
Source: Newsday
Page: A63
Region: New York Metro, New York

Obituary: Anthony N. Casabona, a produce manager of A&P for 45 years and former Levittown resident, died Feb. 20 after a brief illness at his Homestead, Fla., home. He was 68.

Born in Brooklyn, he attended John Adams High School in Ozone Park.

He joined the U.S. Marines in 1945, serving in the Panama Canal until he was honorably discharged in 1947.

After moving to Ozone Park, Mr. Casabona began working for A&P in various stores in Queens and Nassau County.

In 1950, he married Arlene Ferlazo in Ozone Park.

The couple moved in 1954 to Levittown, where they lived until they retired in 1990 and went to Homestead.

"He was always telling jokes." said his wife. "People are certainly going to miss him - there should be more people like him in the world."

She said that he belonged to an Elks club in Homestead, Fla.

In addition to his wife, he is survived by three sons, Tom Casabona of Denver, Michael Casabona of Hicksville and Robert Casabona of Bay Shore; a daughter, Janet Benowitz of Denver; a brother, Charles Casabona of Dix Hills; three sisters, Grace Casabano of Dix Hills, Connie Dakin of East Northport, and Angie Diggens of Leesburg, Fla.; and three grandchildren.

Funeral services were held at Branam Funeral Home in Homestead, Fla. and at Leo F. Kearns in East Meadow. The body was cremated.

Headline: Arthur von Blomberg, Retired Policeman
Publication Date: January 03, 1997
Source: Newsday
Page: A59
Region: New York Metro, New York

Obituary: Arthur W. von Blomberg, a longtime Nassau County police officer and prop master, died from lung cancer on Dec. 24 at Massapequa General Hospital. He was 67.

Born in Brooklyn, he was raised in Uniondale, graduating from Hempstead High School in 1947.

Mr. von Blomberg, who was known as Artie, entered the police academy in 1950 and was drafted into the Army for the Korean War in 1951, serving at posts in Boston, Brooklyn and Governor's Island. But he was honorably discharged as a private that same year because he had contracted hepatitis. He married Ruth Anne Lesta in 1955, and they began raising a family in Roosevelt. They moved to Seaford in 1964. They divorced in 1971.

Mr. von Blomberg was a Nassau patrol officer for 25 years, serving in the First and Fourth Precincts.

After retiring from the police force in 1976, he free-lanced as a prop master for about 20 years in Manhattan in television and film productions with the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees.

Mr. von Blomberg was involved with American Legion Post 1273 in Wantagh. "He was very active with Toys for Tots before he got sick," said his son, Ronald, of Southampton.

"He loved his football," his son said. "He didn't play it, but he loved to watch it."

He said his father also loved to fish in the boat he kept in Freeport. "He enjoyed being outside. He was very helpful to me in gardening,"he said. "He could always give people a helping hand."

Other survivors include another son, Arthur Jr. of Berlin, Germany; daughters Barbara Ann Robinson of Cambridge, Wis., and Diane Marie Sherman of Jefferson, Wis.; a brother, William, and a sister, Lillian Vanderwater, both of Baldwin; and five grandchildren.

A memorial service was held yesterday at St. James Roman Catholic Church in Seaford. He was cremated. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorial donations be made to the American Cancer Society, 400 Post Ave., Westbury, N.Y. 11590.

Headline: Avid Traveler Martin Joachim, 74
Publication Date: July 23, 1996
Source: Newsday
Page: A49
Region: New York Metro, New York

Obituary: Before he died July 7 of a heart attack at St. Francis Hospital in Poughkeepsie at the age of 74, Martin Joachim, a New Hyde Park resident for 40 years, had asked that his ashes be scattered on the waters.

It was an appropriate farewell for a man who was a wandering soul, said his daughter, Hallie Barnes of Edgewood, N.M. For the last three years of his life he had been traveling the country in a motor home and was attending a recreational vehicle rally just before he died.

"He always told me how much he enjoyed that life," Barnes said, "so he died doing what he loved best."

Mr. Joachim was born in Brooklyn and graduated from Ohio State University. He returned to the New York area in 1946 to study law at New York University. He brought back with him his wife, Nettie Lipschitz, whom he had married in 1943 while at Ohio State. Correction: An obituary on Martin Joachim yesterday incorrectly stated the name of Shirley Glick, his deceased wife. (7/24/96 A02 ALL)

The couple moved with their three children in 1952 from Queens to New Hyde Park, where Mr. Joachim worked as an attorney. In the early 1960s, he changed careers to work as a probation officer for Nassau County.

His wife died in 1992, a year after he had retired, and a short time later Mr. Joachim bought a motor home, sold his house and took to the road on a quest to see America, his daughter said. He made friends all over the country, said Barnes.

Mr. Joachim requested that he have no funeral, and his ashes were scattered on July 10 at Myrtle Beach, S.C. In addition to Barnes, he is survived by two sons, Jay Joachim, of Topeka, Kan., and Mark Levinson of North Bay Village, Fla.

Headline: Barbara Domroe Wecklein, Artist
Publication Date: October 29, 1996
Source: Newsday
Page: A49
Region: New York Metro, New York

Obituary: Barbara Domroe Wecklein, a respected artist who depicted nature and childhood, died of pancreatic cancer Oct. 22 at North Shore University Hospital at Glen Cove. She was 57 and lived in Commack.
Mrs. Wecklein's work reflected the beauty of nature and the innocence of childhood. She embraced a multitude of artistic media, but in later years moved away from oils and watercolors to focus on etchings and monotypes. She printed her own work in collaboration with her husband, George, a Nassau County Police Department detective working in the rogues' gallery at police headquarters in Mineola.

"She was my best friend, and the best friend of our children," George Wecklein said.

Mrs. Wecklein's art clientele included AT&T, Grace Lines, IBM, Pfizer Chemical, Sony, Xerox, Reader's Digest, Children's Digest, News Magazine and Jewish Philanthropic Magazine.

"Her woodcuts helped to translate the Russian children's novel `Galinka the Wild Goose' into an imaginative American experience," said Diane Marxe, who runs the Sundance Gallery in Bridgehampton and was a friend of the artist.

Marxe said she planned a retrospective of her friend's work sometime next year. "You could see the love of her work in her work," she said.

Mrs. Wecklein, who was listed in Who's Who in American Art and Who's Who in American Women, was a member of the National Association of Women Artists and won that group's 1982 Franz Lieber Memorial Prize for printmaking.

Mrs. Wecklein attended the New York City High School of Art and Design in Manhattan and graduated from Pratt Institute in Brooklyn with a bachelor of fine arts degree.

Besides her husband of 32 years, survivors include a son, Christopher, of New Orleans; a daughter, Meredith, of Commack; and a brother, Charles Domroe of Mountain, N.J.

A funeral service was held Thursday at the Clayton Funeral Home in Kings Park. Burial was at Calverton National Cemetery.

Headline: Barry Heimbender, Vietnam Veteran, Counselor
Publication Date: May 30, 1996
Source: Newsday
Page: A77
Region: New York Metro, New York

Obituary: Barry S. Heimbender, a longtime East Meadow resident and passionate advocate for veterans, died May 21 in Manhattan's Mount Sinai Medical Center of complications following a liver transplant. He was 49.

Mr. Heimbender, who served in Vietnam in 1967-68 as a radio-telephone operator with the U.S. Army's 1st Signal Brigade, worked as a self-employed contractor before becoming a counselor with the Nassau County Veterans Service Agency.

During about eight years at the veterans agency, he was known as a caring and concerned counselor who often helped veterans on such matters as disability qualifications, pension payments and medical treatment.

"There are literally hundreds of men and women out there who have been helped directly and significantly by Barry," said Dennis Dunne, who was director of the county agency for 12 years until being elected last year to the Nassau County Legislature.

"I trusted him totally. He was the kind of guy you could rely on to get things done."

Asserting that "county residents have lost a strong advocate for veterans' rights, and I have lost a dear friend," Nassau County Executive Thomas Gulotta described Mr. Heimbender as "a loving and caring human being who was one of the unsung heroes of the Vietnam War."

Mr. Heimbender, a former officer and active member of the Nassau County Chapter of Vietnam Veterans of America, showed equal concern for all veterans. He made no secret, however, of his particularly strong feelings for fellow Vietnam veterans.

"Lots of people thought American involvement in Vietnam was wrong," Mr. Heimbender once told a reporter. "But that's no excuse for the way they treated the men who fought in it. These were decent guys who were doing their duty, and they should have been honored when they came home."

Such sentiments, according to John Rowan, motivated Mr. Heimbender's work with the VVA.

"Like many of us who served there," said Rowan, president of the New York State Council of the VVA, "Barry felt he owed something special to fellow Vietnam veterans. He considered them brothers, and he would do anything for them."

Born in Brooklyn, raised in Manhattan and Queens, Mr. Heinbender was buried - at his request - with a unit patch of the 1st Brigade as well as the ensignia of various veterans' groups in which he served.

In addition to being a former president and vice president of the county VVA chapter, Mr. Heimbender was the chapter's state council delegate and the council's southern district director. He also was a member of the American Legion and Jewish War Veterans.

Services for Mr. Heimbender, attended by more than 300 mourners, were held last Thursday at Gutterman's Funeral Home in Rockville Centre. He was buried with military honors at Long Island National Cemetery in Pinelawn.

Mr. Heimbender, who was divorced, is survived by his parents, Samuel and Sylvia, of Flushing; a son, Daniel, of Westbury; a daughter, Alyson, of East Meadow; a brother, Elliot, of Valley Stream; and a sister, Linda Deutsch, of Merrick.

In lieu of flowers, his family has requested that donations be made in Mr. Heimbender's name to the Liver Transplant Fund, Mt. Sinai Medical Center, Box 1104, 19 E. 98th St., New York, N.Y. 10029.

Headline: Charles E. Whitehouse, 100, Businessman
Publication Date: March 24, 1995
Source: Newsday
Page: A65
Region: New York Metro, New York

Obituary: " In the century that Charles E. Whitehouse lived, he was a World War I flyer, an investor in novel inventions, a proponent of world government and a business executive considered Long Island's oldest railroad commuter. , He died Tuesday at Nassau County Medical Center in East Meadow. He was 100.

Mr. Whitehouse was owner and board chairman of Globe Mail Agency Inc., a Manhattan printing and mailing service, until about three years ago and was still commuting into the city weekly to keep in touch. He had been riding the Long Island Rail Road for most of his life. The line wanted to publicly honor him several years ago but he declined.

"He was a very modest man," LIRR spokeswoman Susan McGowan said.

Mr. Whitehouse had lived in Riverhead, Patchogue and Hempstead before his father decided to build the family home in Roosevelt. He served in the Army Signal Corps in France in World War I after training in Canada with the Royal Air Force and flew many reconnaissance missions, his daughter, Thelma Riley of Roosevelt, said. "He was shot at a lot, but he was one of the lucky ones," she added.

His daughter also said that Mr. Whitehouse had financed a number of inventors' projects - including an automatic transmission, a talking doll and a pressure cooker - not in expectation of big profits but out of his lively interest in new business ideas. She also noted that he had a strong interest in the concept of world government.

Mr. Whitehouse was a graduate of Hempstead High School and Princeton University with a major in languages, mainly German but also Spanish. He started out teaching at a private boys academy, Kingswood, in Connecticut for about five years. He then went into business.

Mr. Whitehouse also is survived by another daughter, Rowena Elaine Follett of Holtsville, 10 grandchildren and five great-grandchildren. His wife of 55 years, Helen - whom he met in Toronto during his pilot training - died in 1976. He also outlived another daughter, Naomi Ireland of Lido Beach, and his son, Charles Butler Whitehouse of North Caldwell, N.J.

Visiting hours are 7-10 p.m. today at the Charles J. O'Shea Funeral Home, Wantagh, with an 8 p.m. memorial service conducted by one of his grandchildren, the Rev. Robert Whitehouse of Charleston, W.Va. The remains were cremated and the ashes will be interred in the family plot in the churchyard cemetery of The Little White Church in the Wildwood, Melville.

Headline: Charles Mereday, 91, Trucker, Republican
Publication Date: January 14, 1997
Source: Newsday
Page: A35
Region: New York Metro, New York

Obituary: Charles Mereday, who started a trucking business in Hempstead during the Depression hauling feed and hay for Nassau County farmers and who was one of the first black men to become active in Nassau's Republican Party, died Wednesday at his Roosevelt home after a heart attack. He was 91.

Born in Hamburg, S.C., in 1905, Mr. Mereday attended the Bettis Academy in that state and Paine College in Augusta, Ga. He settled in Hempstead in 1926, according to his son, Richard, of Roosevelt, and started a truck business in 1934 that was to last more than 50 years.

"He saw a truck and he bought it," Mereday said. "He began to carry hay, grain and feed to the farmers that were in the area then." Eventually the trucking buiness gravitated toward construction hauling, and it operated until about 1985, he said.

While in Hempstead, Mr. Mereday married his wife, Meta, who survives him after 67 years of marriage. They moved to Roosevelt in 1940. According to his son, Mr. Mereday never held offices in the Nassau GOP but was active over a long period.

In addition to his wife and son, he is survived by a brother, Robert, of Trenton, S.C., and three grandchildren.
The funeral is scheduled for noon today at Union Baptist Church, Hempstead. Burial will follow in Greenfield Cemetery, Hempstead.


submitted by [email protected]

Publication Date: January 14, 1997
Source: Newsday
Page: A34
Subjects: New York Metro, New York
Region: Obituary

WOOLEVER - George Charles of Old Bethpage, NY on January 12, 1997. Beloved
father of George, Michael, Antonio and the late Michelle. Loving stepfather
of Frances, Betty and Ginny. Mr. Woolever proudly served his country during
WWII in Okinawa. He also served as Assistant Fire Chief at Mithcell Field
after his wartime service. Friends may call Tuesday 2-5 and 7-10 PM at The
Vernon C. Wagner Funeral Homes Inc., 125 Old Country Rd., Hicksville, NY.
Funeral Mass Wednesday 9:45 AM Holy Name of Jesus RC Church, Woodbury, NY.
Interment Calverton National Cemetery.


This page was last updated June 24, 2008.