there began to be some ownership changes in the
other drug store over on west Park Square.
In 1910 Joseph Simnacher sold that pharnacy to Charles Randall, who
named it the West Park Square Drug Store and ran it until 1913.
Earl A. McLouth, a native of Franklinville who had been working in
a Batavia pharmacy for nearly eight years, returned in February of 1913
and bought out Charles Randall. Earl was the great-grandson of Dr.
Charles McLouth who had come here from Cheshire, Mass. to practice
medicine in 1818, shortly after this country was opened up. The drug
store was then renamed McLouth's.
Going back to the "corner drugstore", more change occurred
later in 1913 when Clarence J. Parker and Paul Reynolds bought out
Ferris & Ferris.
Then, in 1926 a Maurice L. Waldron bought out Paul
Reynolds. This business partnership only lasted for three years.
Suddenly it was no longer Parker & Reynolds; it was Parker's Pharmacy.
Eight years and a lot of pills and chocolate sodas later Paul
bought in again and it was back to Parker & Reynolds.
Seven years later, in 1944, William E. Howard bought out Paul
Reynolds; two years after that, in 1946, Wilson T. Parker, brother in
law of William Howard, bought out C. J. Parker.
Having thus established the firm of Parker & Howard, the two men
bought both the building and the business of the aging and ailing Earl
McClouth on west Park Square. They continued to operate both pharmacies
for a year and then consolidated McLouth's into the Parker & Howard
business, the corner drugstore. Wilson Parker died in 1950.