NEGenWeb--Keith County--Help Wanted!
The name of the game here is volunteers. If you think you might be able to help with any of these ongoing projects in any way, please E-Mail me.
Most Wanted for Keith County:
- Volunteers...Keith County residents needed to do record look ups and retrival. For instance, if someone needed a copy of a Keith County marriage license, you would go to the county clerk's office, get a photocopy, and mail it to them (all researchers I have come across are more than happy to reimburse you for the cost of copies and postage).
Also see Contact Information
- Volunteers...Keith County residents needed to participate in the Tombstone Transcription Project. This involves locating all known cemeteries within the county boundaries and systematically walking them, taking down the basic information from each headstone, and either transcribing it into an electronic format for posting on these page, or sending the hardcopy to someone else for transcription. Any work you do here will be credited to you.
Also see The Tombstone Transcription Project, Keith County Page or Cemeteries, Deaths & Burials, Obituaries. These pages will show you what's been done, what's in the works, and how to help.
- Volunteers...No matter where you live, you can particpate in the Census Project. Volunteers obtain copies of available census records for Keith County and transcribe them into an electronic format for posting on these pages. Your work will be credited to you. For more information e-mail me.
- Book Owners...If you have in your possession a book--regardless of age--that is relevant to the history of Keith County and its residents, please let me know. Items of this nature are especially important to genealogists if they mention names, dates, and places.
Also see Books We Own
- Keith County Historical Society Members...If you are interested in helping with the development of this website, or have anything that you feel would be useful to those researching roots in Keith County, please email me.
Do YOU fit the definition of an Eaglelark???
For more information about volunteering at the county or state level in Nebraska on any number of projects, please visit NEGenWeb Project Help Wanted
Let me reiterate how important these resources are to people researching in Keith County who do not actually live there. You can provide a valuable service to someone across the state, across the country, and even around the world.
Thank you for your support!
Return to Keith County Welcome Page
Page Design © S.M. Anderson, 2000-2002