K. Miers, who came to Paris from Frederick county, Kentucky, in
1858, never left the town during all his subsequent life. He
and his family came to Hannibal by boat and to Paris by stage coach. They
built a house on the lot now occupied by the Methodist parsonage. Mr.
Miers and his sons, Albert and John, were carpenters and very fine
workmen. Many of the present Paris residences were built by
Centennial edition of the Monroe County Appeal dated 13 Aug 1931;
submitted by Mary Beth Kirtlink.