MUSSELFORK-Chariton Co MO
Historical, Pictorical, and Biographical Record of Chariton County, Missouri
1st Edition, Press-Spectator Steam Print, Salisbury, MO 1896.


Transcribed by Nalora Burns


MUSSELFORK


Musselfork, perhaps better known as Pee Dee, as a trading point began in 1877, when a store building was erected by the Grangers, the upper story being used by them for a hall, and the ground floor by POUND & WELCH for mercantile purposes. The town is located twelve miles north and east of Keytesville and has become an excellent trading point. It has daily mail facilities and a number of creditable mercantile and business establishments. Its citizens are enterprising and progressive and are thoroughly alive to the needs and interests of their community, and will always be found ready and willing to support any effort tending towards the upbuilding and improvement of the social, moral and intellectual development of the neighborhood.





Return to Main Index

Return to Chariton County Home Page