Before WWII, Volksdorf was in Grimmen. Photos from Don and Lana Larsen 2006.
Don Larsen with the Volksdorf sign
Volksdorf Chapel (Kapelle); fieldstone and brick; built 15th century; newly renovated; services held now once per month
Ancient beech tree in churchyard
Early grave markers; 1992 bell tower
Fieldstone churchyard wall; abandoned gravestones; Trebel River Valley to right.
1755 bell in free-standing tower
Original chapel door
Visitor sign in German, Swedish, English, Polish
Interior chandelier, partially plundered 1945 by Russians
The newly renovated and repainted chapel and altar
Altar and pews
View toward rear entrance
Mausoleum adjacent to church; plundered 1945; sealed
Church door key
Newer houses; garages reconstructed from former manor workers' housing.
Former manor house
Sugar beet field