- Matthew BROWN, Esq., at his residence, age about 65. - Catharine NUSZ, Tuesday morning last, consort of Frederick Nusz, Esq., in her 58th year. - Dorothea M. A. STUCHBURY, Thursday the 29th, after illness of 7 years, in her 57th year. Resident of this city for last 30 years.
- Mr. George W. BEALE to Miss Caroline C. COCKEY on Thursday, the 9th inst. by the Rev. William ARMSTRONG, all of this county. - Mr. John M. SCHNEULER to Miss Anna HEIST, both of this county, on Sunday last by the Rev. D. F. SCHEAFFER. - Mr. Daniel EYSTER to Miss Magdalena MILLER, both of this county, on Tuesday last by Rev. D. F. SCHEAFFER.
- Mr. William RICE of this city on Saturday last in the 25th year of his age. - Mr. John McALEER, a native of Tyrone county, Ireland, in this city on Monday morning 13th inst. after an illness of several weeks, which he bore with Christian fortitude - Requiescat in pace - Amen - submitted by SF
Thomas C. PRINCE, Joshua DILL, Samuel CARMACK, Joseph TALBOTT, Jacob FAUBEL, Michael BALTZELL, Daniel KOLB, G. W. ENT.
- Mr. Harry BICKLE to Miss Elizabeth SCHUGUR, both of this city, on Thusday evening the 30th inst. - Mr. Levin RICE to Miss Ann R. THOMAS, eldest daughter of Maj. Jacob THOMAS, both if this county, on the 29th inst. by Rev. Henry ROBINSON. - Mr. Stephen KLINE Jr. to Miss Mary Ann POOLE, both of this city, on Tuesday evening the 28th inst. by the Rev. D. F. SCHAEFFER.
- George Mortimer RIGNEY, youngest son of Mr. John RIGNEY of this place, on Tuesday evening last. He was a very interesting little boy, and died beloved by all who knew him, at the age of 4 years, 1 month and 17 days. May his ashes rest in peace - Amen - submitted by SF
-Charles F. FLEMING, this city to Miss Susan R. ELLIS, Shookstown, on the 18th by Rev. George DIEHL - Samuel SNYDER to Miss Jane RICE, both this city, on the 14th at Evangelical Reformed Church by Rev. Dr. ZACHARIAS - Lewis H. HILDEBRAND to Miss Amanda L. WINPIGLER, both this city, on the 11th by Rev. Dr. ZACHARIAS - John T. H. CAREY to Miss Mary Elizabeth SHAW, both of this city, on the 9th by Rev. J. W. LANGLEY - George SAYLOR to Mrs. Mary A. ALCOTT, both of this county, on the 7th at Glade Parsonage by Rev. M. L. SHUFORD - Dr. Florence O'DONNOGHUE, Prince Georges County, to Nellie M. STALLINGS, d/o the late Lt. Joseph STALLINGS, US Navy, on the 16th by Rev. Father VILLIGER
- Mrs. Louise RITCHIE, consort of Dr. Albert RITCHIE on the 14th in her 39th year - Mrs. Elizabeth EADER, consort of David EADER, deceased, on the 13th in her 81st year - Henry HOSPELHORN, at his residence in Mechanicstown, on Friday morning last; age 39y, 6m, 18d - William Edward SOELKY, youngest s/o William and Lena SOELKY, on the 11th; age 2y, 2m, 16d - Miss Jemima Reese, d/o John and Elizabeth ALEXANDER, on the 18th in Hagerstown; ag 4y, 4d
- Joseph D. FAUBLE - #2596 prior to 22 Feb 1843 - John WARRINGS - Thomas SPURRIER - John PATTENGALL
Inspection of weights and measures of Districts Adam LORENTZ, Standard Keeper to inspect - - Buckeystown at CUNNINGHAM & DUVALL's Store - Creagerstown at Charles STEVENS' Hotel - Emmitsburg at Daniel WILE's Hotel - Catoctin at H. N. MULLEN's Store in Wolfsville - Frederick at Market House - Middletown at Market House - Urbana at SMITH and HENDRY's Store - Liberty at ROOT's Hotel - New Market at HILTON's Hotel - Hauvers at John W. COON's Store in Sabillsville - Woodsboro at BARRICK's Store - Petersville at SLIFER's Hotel - Mount Pleasant at John W. OGBORN's Store - Jefferson at KESSLER's Store - Mechanicstown at McHENRY's Hotel - Jackson at POFFENBERGER's Hotel in Myersville - Johnsville at KINZER and STONER's Store
- City Hotel - Balil E. DORSEY and Gassaway GRIMES
- Samuel KEEFER to Miss Rebecca FOGLE, both of this county, on the 30th at SHANK's Hotel in Frederick city by Rev. George DIEHL - Albert WALKER to Miss Christina BECKER, both of this city, on the 28th by Rev. E. W. REINECKE - H. W. CHRISMER to Miss Susan Alice FRAZER, d/o Alexander FRAZER, both of Gettysburg, PA, on the 1st at the Cathedral in Baltimore by Rev. Father McCOLBY
- George YOUNG, 2nd s/o Frederick and Mary YOUNG, died on the 26th in Baltimore of severe illness of consumption; age 24
- John BENDER - Thomas SPURRIER
- Margaret STEWERT, oldest d/o John STEWERT, esq, on June 20 in Emmitsburg - Elizabeth R. HILTON on the 7th; age 55y, 7m, 5d - Joanna Mary MINER?, d/o Dr. James W. and Catharine MINER? on April 29; age 4 - Henrietta Olivia SUMAN, eldest d/o Israel W. and Caroline E. SUMAN, on the 4th; age 12y, 9m, 6d - Children of William H. and Louisa LALEY - Sophia Jane, on the 2nd; age 6y, 8d - John Thomas, on the 8th; age 3y, 7m, 25d - Isaac STARTZMAN, on the 9th in Baltimore; age 51 - Amelia Virginia KING, d/o Henry and Caroline KING of this city, on the 18th; age 2y, 17d - Mrs. Martha E. McCLEARY, w/o Andrew McCLEARY of this city, on the 10th in Preston Co, VA (now WV) - Mrs. Louisa CASTLE of near Jefferson, on the 6th; age 50y, 11m, 29d - Nellie DILL, only d/o Lewis H. and Ellen DILL of this city, on the 9th after a short illness - Phillip REIGART of this city on the 9th at the residence of his son-in-law, Col. Edward SHRIVER; age 74. He was for nearly half a century a resident of Baltimore and an elder in the German Reformed Church for many years.
- Valuable Farm on which James H. ROBERTSON now resides, 127 acres known as ENGLEBRECHT Farm, 2 miles East of Frederick adjoining farm of Philip REICH, Richard POTTS, and Mrs. BRENGLE. Consists of large dwelling house, shade trees, log barn, good stabling, good spring house, never-failing spring and apple orchard. It's bordered by good country road and Frederick/Baltimore Turnpike. - S. C. SIMMONS, trustee; L. VAN FOSSEN, auctioneer
- Philip M. SPICER of Baltimore to Miss M. L. REIGLE of this county, on the 16th in Baltimore by Rev. T. M. WILSON - Stephen GORSUCH to Miss Elizabeth FRANKLIN, both of this county, on the 14th by Rev. M. GOHEEN - Joseph N. EICHELBERGER, formerly of this county, to Olevia F. GRAY of Baltimore, on the 7th in Baltimore by Rev. Mr. ISRAEL
- Henry SOLTZGOVER on the 28th in Woodsboro at his residence; age 57y, 8m, 29d - Joseph Henry BESANT, youngest s/o James H. and Margaret A. BESANT of Point of Rocks, on the 14th after illness of 24 days; age 3y, 1m, 21d
- Leonard B. GROVER of NY to Miss Laura SINN, formerly of this city, on the 22nd in baltimore by Rev. B. F. BROOKE - Charles E. EADER to Miss Ann C. LAMBRIGHT, both of this city, on Monday last by Rev. G. DIEHL
- Mrs. Malinda SNOUFFER of near Adamstown, on the 18th; age 30 years - J. M. KOCH on the 22nd at PA College; age 36 - Henry Clay MEDTERT, s/o the late Gen. Joshua MEDTERT of Baltimore, on June 10th, on board the steamer, J. H. Ogden at anchor off Grey ____
- Bartis Reuban BENNETT, s/o Joseph S. and Lydia Ann BENNETT, on the 26th; age 5m, 22d - Children of John M. and Catharine EBERT - James on the 28th last; age 1y, 8m - Lewis on the 2nd; age 4y, 6m - Alexander BUFFINGTON died of paralysis at his residence near Johnsville; age 69 (no date) - George W. MILLER, s/o John MILLER of H., esq, at the residence of his father in Middletown Valley on July 26; age 20y, 9m, 19d - Ida B. NELSON, d/o Stephen B. and Agnes A. NELSON, on the 22nd; age 14m, 7d
website by Dorinda Davis Shepley