Frederick Co, MD Equity DHH-1
Frederick County, Maryland
Equity Court Abstracts
These are abstracts from Equity Court Records of Frederick County, Maryland,
Liber DHH-1; many times providing family data on the defendant and sometimes on
persons not mentioned on the docket. Some of the listings are quite informative
while others, being dismissed, may only have the date and name of plantiff and
defendant. However, the cases brought before the judge consisted of sworn testimony
and each one holds a story. Perhaps you will find a story connected to your search. [Records Located at Maryland State Archives]
- 742-751 - NICODEMUS, HARN, ETZLER, LINDSAY, LEASE, PITTINGER,
BOYLE, DANNER - 1898
- Estate of Martin L. NICODEMUS - #6945 - 1898
Martin L. NICODEMUS d/ Mar 1898 intestate, leaving
widow - Lucinda, now dec'd and 12 children
1. Clinton C. NICODEMUS and w/ Sallie M.
2. Henry C. NICODEMUS and w/ Alice (Allie)
3. Barbara Ann w/o Samuel E. HARN
4. Olivia A. w/o John H. ETZLER
5. Augusta A. w/o Nimrod W. ETZLER
6. Fannie W. w/o Edward F. LINDSAY - Montgomery Co, MD
7. Alice L. w/o Bradley T. NICODEMUS
8. Pauline M. w/o Howard M. LEASE
9. Clara C. widow/of William PITTINGER
10. Albert C. NICODEMUS and w/ Buelah G.
11. William T. NICODEMUS
12. Martin L. NICODEMUS Jr.
Land - 94 acre farm under two deeds -
- from Thomas P. WILLIAMS on Oct 22, 1853, Land Rec# ES-3, 623
- from Valentine NICODEMUS on Jan 21, 1861, Land Rec# BGF-6, 402
However, in 1889, he incurred two mortgages -
- to R. Nelson NORWOOD on Mar 18, 1889 for $1600
(later held by Charles A. NORWOOD - WIP-8, 138)
- to Charles B. SAPPINGTON on Aug 11, 1889 for $1800 - WIP-10, 193.
Also indebted to Bradley T. NICODEMUS. Trustees were Clinton C.
NICODEMUS and Bradley T. NICODEMUS; on 31 Dec 1898, sale held at
Clarence A. LINDSAY's Store in Unionville and advertised in the
"Banner of Liberty". A 5-acre wood lot was sold to Norman
DANNER and the rest of the estate was sold to Henry S. BOYLE for
$52.30/acre, totaling $4,544.97; finalized Mar 1899.
To Be Continued
Equity Records at Mid Maryland Roots
website by Dorinda Davis Shepley
© Copyright 1995-2006 MidMdRoots
February 6, 2007