Alger County

Alger County


Lighthouse

 

"East Channel Lighthouse is on Grand Island located just north of Munising, Michigan in the Munising Harbor. The lighthouse was active from 1868 through the early 1900's."

Photo credit: Jodi Grove, Some rights reserved; Link

 

Alger County was detached from Schoolcraft County, set off and organized in 1885. The county was named for lumber baron Russell Alexander Alger who was a Michigan Governor, U.S. Senator and U.S. Secretary of War during the William McKinley Presidential administration.[1]

From Wikipedia


Read more