Genealogy in Franklin County, Massachusetts - Look-ups and Researchers for Hire
Genealogy in Franklin County, Massachusetts
Look-ups and Researchers for Hire
Home | Information | Volunteers | Researchers for Hire | Related Pages
The individuals listed below have volunteered to provide look-ups in specific Franklin County resources as listed after each name. The purpose is to provide information on a name or two from a particular source. The volunteers cannot provide extensive research and cannot violate copyright laws by copying or transcribing significant portions of items that are not in the public domain.
To request a look-up do the following:
- Limit your request to no more than two names or couples per day
- Put "Franklin County Look-up" in the subject line of your email request
- Indicate the name of the book or resource you want to have checked
- Describe exactly who or what you are looking for
- Clearly list your name and return email address
- Send an email message to the appropriate look-up volunteer listed below or elsewhere on this web site
- A Genealogy of the Descendants of Philip Mattoon of Deerfield, Massachusetts / compiled by Lillian G. Mattoon & Donald P. Mattoon. Published by Courier Print Co., Littleton, N. H. 1965. Pages 1-50, This includes the 1st thorough 5th Generations.
- A History of Colrain, Massachusetts with Genealogies of Early Families / by Lois McClellan Patrie.
- History & Genealogies of Gov. John Webster Families of Connecticut / by William Holcomb Webster & Rev. Reuben Webster, D.D., 1st Edition, Published by Endless genealogies, St. Paul, MN, 1915. For the Descendants of Robert Webster son of Gov. John Webster.
- History of the Town of Bernardston, Franklin County, Massachusetts, Volume 1, 1736-1900 / by Lucy Cutler Kellogg. Published by E. A. Hall & Co. Press, Greenfield, Mass. 1902
- History of the Town of Gill, Massachusetts, Genealogies A-Z / by Ralph M. Stoughton, 1960.
- The Early Settlers of Colrain, Massachusetts / by Charles H. McClellan. Published by W.S. Carson, Printer, Greenfield, Massachusetts, 1885
- Beaver Meadow Cemetery, Leyden, Franklin County, Massachusetts. Listing of Persons buried there or to be buried there. Information taken from gravestones. Complied by Janet Cowan Boutwell, 5 Poplar Street, Turners Falls, MA 01376-2513.
- Montague Franklin County, Massachusetts, Cemetery Records / complied by the National Society, D.A.R.-LDS FHC MicroFiche #6105188-Dated: December 2, 1941.
- BURNHAM CEMETERY: Pages 1-2; This cemetery is located about 200 feet east of Walnut Street in the village of Montague City. It is in a pasture and is not fenced. Many of the stones are down or are leaning badly. Apparently it receives no care whatever. Surnames include: Burnham; Clark; Cushman; Dewey; Fuller; Graves; Mack; Potter and Stevens.
- EAST MINERAL ROAD CEMETERY: Pages 3-9; This cemetery is located on East Mineral Road about 400 east of the main highway (State Route 2A) between Turners Falls and Millers Falls. It was probably privately owned and is now in rather poor condition with one or two exceptions there have been no burials in it for many years. Surnames include: Ball; Billings; Briggs; Britt; Brown; Caswell; Creagh; Dexter; Durkee; Drury; Fairbrother; Goodard; Gunn; Hoye; Newell; Pratt; Stevens; Stowell; Terry; Upham; Webster; White.
- OLD SOUTH CEMETERY: Pages 10-40; This cemetery is about one-half mile south of the Village of Montague Center and about one-quarter mile west of State Highway No. 63. It is the oldest cemetery in the town and contains the graves of many of the earliest settlers. It is keep in fairly good condition by the Town. Several of the lots are endowed with perpetual care funds. The layout is very irregular, and it is practically impossible to tell where the lot lines (if there were such) were located.
- Vital Records of Charlemont, Massachusetts To The Year 1850, Published by the New England Historical Genealogical Society, Boston, Massachusetts. 1917
- Vital Records of Gill, Massachusetts To The Year 1850, Published by the New England Historical Genealogical Society, Boston, Massachusetts. 1904
- Early Vital Records of Colrain, Mass. The plantation of Colrain, Mass., was incorporated as a town in 1761, being then in Hampshire County. In 1811, with twenty-three other towns, it was set off from Hampshire County to form Franklin County. The records were copied in 1888 from the town records by William O. Taylor of Shelburne, Mass., and were presented by him to the New England Historic Genealogical Society in 1896. Printed in The New England Historical & Genealogical Register. Volume 73-1919 (pg. 246-260; Edward Adams to Rominer Smith) & Volume 74-1920 (pg. 7-13; Oren Smith to Daniel Workman). Records are mainly births (with limited death dates) for the period of 1742-1836 with most of the records dated prior to 1815.
- Vital Records of Heath, Massachusetts To The Year 1850, Published by the New England Historical Genealogical Society, Boston, Massachusetts. 1915
- Dana Phelps bible records, 1781-1900
- Town of Monroe, Massachusetts, 1822-1972
- Vital Records of Ashfield, Ma. to the year 1850 (1942 edition)
- History of Ashfield 1742-1910 / by Frederick G. Howes (1974 re-print)
- History of Ashfield 1910-1960 (1965 edition)
- Look-ups in all three Whately, MA history books.
- Look-ups in U.S. census records for Monroe and Rowe, 1810-1850
- Massachusetts census index CDs, 1800-1860
- History of Northfield
- Puritan Outpost
- History of Gill
- History of Deerfield
- True stories of New England captives carried to Canada during the old French and Indian Wars / by C. Alice Baker (1897).
- Look-ups in U.S. census records for Gill, 1850-1880
- Look-ups in U.S. census records for Greenfield, 1850 and 1880
- The Conservative Rebel-A Social History of Greenfield / by Paul Jenkins (1982)
- The 10th Regiment Mass. Vol. Infantry -- A Western Mass. Regiment (Civil War) / by Alfred S. Roe (1909)
- Reminiscences of the Experiences of Co. L, 2nd Regiment of Mass. Infantry, USV, in the Spanish American War / by Maj. Frederick E. Pierce (1900).
- Cemetery Records of Orange, Franklin Co., Mass.
- Cemetery Inscriptions of Warwick, Franklin County, Mass to 1865.
There are no listings of Franklin County researchers for hire available at this time.
Hosted by Rootsweb
Copyright ©2001 Franklin County MAGenWeb Project
All rights reserved