Descendants of George HUBBARD
The inventory of his estate taken May 30, 1683, £564 8 shillings, 6 pence. He was born in , , England.3 History of The Town of Sunderland, Massachusetts, by John Montague Smith, prepared by Henry W. Taft & Abbie T. Montague. Press of E. A. Hall & Co., Greenfield, Mass., 1899. p. 403.
The emigrant, came from England about 1634-5, probably to Watertown, and soon after, to Wethersfield, Connecticut., where he was a man of prominence and influence. His name appears on the first page of the Connecticut. colony records, in his appointment June 12, 1636, with Samuel Wakeman "to survey the breadth of the plantation of Dorchester," (Windsor). He surveyed in 1639 the eastern part of Wethersfield (now Glastonbury) by order of the General Court, by which he was called a "prominent surveyor." He was deputy for Wethersfield in the first "General Assembly" held in 1639, when he was, on one occasion, fined one shilling "for failing at the hower appointed which (is) 7 of the Clocke." He was, also repeatedly, deputy afterwards - and also from Guilford. In May, 1670, the Court invested him with authority to "joyne persons in marriage." He removed to Milford in 1643, and to Guilford in 1650. In Guilford he purchased lands of Jacob Sheaffe, on which his descendants were living in 1870.George HUBBARD and Mary BISHOP were married UNKNOWN. Mary BISHOP was born UNKNOWN. She died on 14 Sep 1676 in Guilford, New Haven, Connecticut.
George HUBBARD and Mary BISHOP had the following children:
2. Mary HUBBARD (George-1) was born about 1625 in England.. She died on 13 Apr 1713 in Guilford, New Haven, Connecticut. Mary HUBBARD and Joseph FOWLER were married in 1647 in Guilford, New Haven, Connecticut.
3. John HUBBARD (George-1) was born about 1630 in England. He died in 1706 in Hatfield, Hampshire, Massachusetts. Settled in Wethersfield, Conn.
He was one of the signers to the original agreement to remove out of the jurisdiction of Connecticut., and became one of the founders of Hadley, 1659. He removed to Hatfield in the latter part of his life and died there.
John HUBBARD and Mary MERRIAM were married in 1648 in Wethersfield, Hartford, Connecticut. Mary MERRIAM died about 1702.
John HUBBARD and Mary MERRIAM had the following children:
5. Sarah HUBBARD (George-1) was born in 1635 in Wethersfield, Hartford, Connecticut. Sarah HUBBARD and Jacob MELYN were married unknown Jacob MELYN was born unknown.
Name listed as Jacob Melyn or Mayless; a native of Holland; removed after 1663 to Boston, where he was a leather merchant.
Will - Proved on 26 Dec 1706 in Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts.
7. Elizabeth HUBBARD (George-1) was born in 1638 in Wethersfield, Hartford, Connecticut.
Elizabeth HUBBARD and John Norton were married unknown John NORTON died on 5 Mar 1703/4.
8. Abigail HUBBARD (George-1) was born in 1640 in Wethersfield, Hartford, Connecticut. Abigail HUBBARD and Humphrey SPINNING were married on 14 Oct 1657. Humphrey SPINNING died on 16 Nov 1689. He was of german parentage
9. William HUBBARD (George-1) was born in 1642 in Wethersfield, Hartford, Connecticut. Removed to Greenwich, Connecticut., before 1664. Prior to 1672 he in common with 26 other bought a tract of land which they called Horseneck on account of the shape in which it extended into the sound, and it was, moreover, a famous horse pasture. William HUBBARD and Abigail DUDLEY were married unknown
Abigail DUDLEY was born.
10. Daniel HUBBARD (George-1) was born about 1644 in Milford, New Haven, Connecticut.
Daniel HUBBARD and Elizabeth JORDAN were married on 17 Nov 1664. Elizabeth JORDAN was born unknown
Go to Top
Last updated 17 Apr. 2005
Created by Bill Lyman