William Harrison and Evaline Yung
Information comes from the family files at the Campbell County Historical & Genealogical Society in Alexandria, Ky. and various other sources which are sited when known.
William Harrison Yung was born about 1811 in California, of Campbell Co, the son of Thomas Yung. Thomas came from Virginia with his parents Robert and Judith Yung who settled in Maysville where they died. Thomas came to the California area by 1820 where he was listed on the tax records.
William Harrison married Evaline Herndon 27 Mar 1838 most likely at the Carthage Methodist Church in Carthage. Evaline was the daughter of Elijah Herndon and Catherine DeMoss. William died 28 Sep 1877 in California Ky. Evaline died 9 Apr 1908 in California Ky. They are both buried in the Flagg Spring Cemetery in Flagg Spring.
Children of William Harrison Yung and Evaline Herndon
1. Thomas J Young b-7 Oct 1839 in Carthage;
d-23 Mar 1903 in Summitville Indiana; m-Sarah
Newkirk 1 Jan 1866; m (2) Margaret Overshine 5 May 1882
2. Peter Harrison Young b-27 Jan 1844 in Carthage; d-25 Feb 1916 in California; br-Grandview Cemetery; m-Jennie Young 10 Oct 1880 in Carthage
3. Margaret A Young b-1846 in Carthage
4. Mary Elizabeth Young b-20 Mar 1848 in Carthage; d-3 Apr 1923; m-Richard Griffith 17 Feb 1878
5. Belle Young b-1850 in Carthage
6. Samuel H Young b-1851 in Carthage
7. Mariah Young b-1854 in Carthage; m-William Conrey 15 Dec 1878
8. John Lewis Young b-1859 in Carthage
9. Joseph Ely Young b-8 Dec 1863 in Carthage; d-27 Oct 1950 in Carthage; br-Grandview Cemetery; m-Maria E Clift 7 June 1885 in Carthage; she died 24 Mar 1886; m-2 Sallie McElfresh in 1887
10. Alva B Young b-1869 in Carthage
Children of Joseph Ely Young and Sallie McElfresh
1. Earl Young b-Oct 1888 in California
2. Everett Bryan Young b-13 Feb 1890 in California; d-1 Jan 1981 in Deer Park, Hamilton Oh
3. Clyde Berton Young b-13 Aug 1898 in California; d-29 Jan 1985 in California; br-Grandview; m-Leola Laycock
Return to Families Y Index