Boone County History
When Boone County was formed
in 1799 from
Campbell County, (having been created by the Kentucky Legislature
in 1798), less than two hundred men owned all of the land in the County
and the population of the County was approximately 1500. On June 17,
1799 the first county court, held at the William Cave home in North
Bend Bottoms, decided to locate the county seat on a seventy-four acre
site donated by Robert Johnson and John Hawkins Craig in the north-central
part of the county. The town, originally known as Craig's Camp, was
initially named Wilmington and, at the request of the Post Office, renamed
Burlington in 1816.
Other areas of interest include:
Cincinnati International Airport
Boone County Fairgrounds
Boone County Parks
Rabbit Hash General Store
Willis Graves Bed and Breakfast
more history of our county, visit the Boone
County Government page.
link to the History of our County!!
Boone County Heritage Organization
County's Nearest Neighbors
Ohio County, Indiana