William and Martha (Landrum) StewartWilliam Y. Stewart (picture)born in Kentucky Dec. 16, 1831 married Martha Landrum born March 26, 1835, place unknown- indication of Kentucky - later lived in California, Moniteau County, MO, Kansas, Oklahoma, and back to Kansas. Sold their Homestead Patent on land located in Kiowa County KS in 1893 to youngest son, Albert.
Children of John & Martha (Landrum) Stewart:
taken from a page from the Bible of A. L. Stewart.
- Hester Stewart, b. Feb. 22, 1854
- Henry Felon Stewart, b. April 7, 1856. Married Lille Aerola Alger August 16, 1874 in Moniteau County, MO. Children:
- Meicene October 1875, married in Haviland KS in July 1893;
- Myrtle Mable March 1878, died August 1880;
- Ethel Anise April 1881, married at Pond Creek OK in 1898;
- Arthur Henry March 1882 or 1883 to Ethel Mayes;
- Flossie Electra December 1888 at Haviland, married Floyd Fulton Lyle at Pond Creek, Indian Territory, January 1904;
- Perry Alger December 1891 at Haviland
- George Washington Stewart, b. July 5, 1858 (great-great grandfather of Phyllis Scherich)
- Malseny Stewart, b. July 22, 1861
- William Price Stewart, b. January 26, 1864
- Nancy Lee Stewart, b. January 22, 1867 Nancy Lee Stewart (picture) born Jan 22, 1867 in California MO, grew to womanhood and came with her parents to Kiowa county in 1886, settling on a claim near Wellsford. Married John W. Anderson (picture) June 6, 1886 - they were the first couple to be married in Kiowa County. (News Article) They lived on this ranch for about 30 years. - current location of Leo & Nellie Chance - different house, Anderson house burned. Died October 2, 1951 in Cherokee, OK - Burial in Greenlawn cemetery in Pratt. John Anderson died in California in December, 1936, buried in Greenlawn cemetery in Pratt. Obituary.
Children of John W. Anderson and Nancy Lee (Stewart) Anderson:
(with locations at the time of Nancy’s death in 1951 - all were living)
- Ruby Anderson Foster - Pratt KS
- Winifred Anderson Unangst - Del Monte CA
- Nell Anderson Griffin - Wilmore KS. Married J. E. (Joseph Elmer "Bud") Griffin, son of the James P. Griffin who married Christina (Booth) Wood. (J.E. Griffin's siblings & step-siblings are listed at the bottom of this webpage.) J. E. and Nell (Anderson) Griffin are buried in Pratt, Kansas.
Part of the James P. Griffin estate went to Cecil, Cliff & Winnie (Anderson) Why not other children? Was this a second marriage for him?
- Addie Anderson Shearer - El Paso TX
- Clifford Anderson - Cherokee OK
- Cecil Anderson - El Monte CA
- Christopher Columbus Stewart, b. September 7, 1869
- Mary Stewart, twin, b. September 17, 1872
- Martha Stewart, twin, b. September 17, 1872
- Albert L. "A.L." Stewart, b. November 11, 1875 married Sadie Criswell, both from Buffalo, Harper Co. OK. She was 24, he 35 in 1911.
James P. Griffin. 2nd marriage was to Christina Booth (Wood) October 6, 1926. His 1st marriage was to Catherine, who died in 1916. They had 4 sons:
The Step-Family of James P. Griffin & Christina (Booth) Wood
- John Roy "Preach" Griffin - married Irene Emerson, sister of Frankie Metzker & Johnita Moreton of Coldwater
- Joseph Ernest "Bud" Griffin - who married Nell Anderson
- James Albert "Jim" Griffin - never married
- William Eugene "Bill" Griffin - married Helen Buttell schoolteacher in Wilmore - moved to Moline, KS.
Christina Sadie Booth and Samuel M. Wood, married 27 Mar 1901, had 4 children:
- Helen Wood Pendergraft (b. 27 Nov 1903)
- Eulah Wood Trummel (b. 25 Nov 1907)
- Ruth Wood Baker (b. 21 July 1916)
- Richard Samuel Wood
Thomas (Tom) A. Griffin, born 1864, and James P. Griffith were brothers.
John Wesley Anderson, husband of Nancy Lee (Stewart) Anderson.
Thanks to Phyllis Scherich for contributing this information and these photographs of her ancestors and collateral relatives!
This RootsWeb website is being created by Jerry Ferrin with the able assistance of many Contributors. Your comments, suggestions and contributions of historical information and photographs to this site are welcome. Please sign the Guest Book.
This page was last updated 01 April 2004.