Kansas History and Heritage Project-Jefferson County

Jefferson County History
McLouth Depot
Photo Submitted by Jan Tompkins



McLouth Missouri Pacific Depot, 1916

For many years there were two depots in McLouth. The tracks for both were in the north end of the block between Cynthia Street. and Melissa Street. In 1899, the northern tracks & depot were for the Kansas City & Northwestern. The southern tracks & depot were for The Leavenworth, Topeka & Southwestern.

By 1916, ownership of the northern tracks and depot were Missouri Pacific. The southern tracks in 1916 were the Leavenworth & Topeka.

By 1927, there was only one RR & one depot in town. That was the Leavenworth & Topeka. By this time the McLouth Lumber yard had taken over the land vacated by the old Missouri Pacific RR.

(history submitted by Richard)



Return to Jefferson Co. KHHP



This website created Nov. 12, 2011 by Sheryl McClure.
� 2011-2012 Kansas History and Heritage Project