Miller Application: No: 24073
Name: Patsy Simington
Residence: Locust Grove, Okla
Reason: Grand-Daughter Of No.182
Special Commissioner of the Court of Claims,
601 Ouray Building,
Washington, D. C.
I hereby make application for such share as may be due me of the fund appropriated by the Act of Congress, approved June 30, 1906, in accordance with the decrees of the Court Of Claims of May 18, 1905, and May 28, 1906, in favor of the Eastern Cherokee. The evidence of identity is herewith subjoined.
NOTE: Answers to all questions should be short, but complete. If you can not answer, so state.
1. State full name--
English name: Patsy Simington; Indian name: --
2. Residence and post office: 4 MILES OF LOCUST GROVE INDIAN TERRITORY
3. County: 5TH DIST
4. State: INDIAN TERRITORY
5. How old are you? 25 Born:
6. Where were you born? SALINE DIST. C.N. I.T.
7. Are you married?
8. Name and age of wife or husband: JOHN SIMINGTON
9. To what tribe of Indians does he or she belong?
10. Name all your children who were living on May 28, 1906, giving their ages:
Name, Age, Born.
(1) LORINA THOMPSON, 7, About 1900
(2) JUDY RATLINGOURD, 3, About 1904
11. Give names of your father and mother, and your mother's name before marriage:
English name: WILLIAM MCDANIEL
English name: JUDY MCDANIEL
Maiden Name: JUDY MORGAN
12. Where were they born?
Father: CHEROKEE NATION I.T.
13. Where did they reside in 1851, if living at that time?
Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
14. Date of death of your father and mother:
Father: ABOUT 1905
Mother: " 1896
15. Were they ever enrolled for money, annuities, land or other benefits? If so, state when & where, and with what tribe of Indians:
Yes, Cherokee Per Capita Payment In Saline Dist. C. N. I. T. In 1894 And Final Roll By Com. - To The Five Civilized Tribe
16. Name all your brothers and sisters, giving ages, and residence if possible:
(1) Nelson McDaniels, About 1879, Living,
(2) Katie Cabe, 1881, Living
(3) Cal McDaniels, 1883, Living
(4) BOB McDaniels, 1890, Living
(5) DAVE McDaniels, 1896, Living
17. State English and Indian names of your grandparents on both father's and mother's side, if possible:
PATSY JOHNSON, GRANDMA
18. Where were they born? CHEROKEE NATION EAST
19. Where did they reside in 1851, if living at that time?
20. Give names of all their children, and residence,if possible:
(1) Judy McDaniels, Dead
(2) Sam Spunk, Dead
(3) Rutha Ragsdale, Rose I.T.
21. Have you ever been enrolled for money, annuities, land or other benefits? If so, state when and where, and with what tribe of Indians:
Cherokee Per Capita Payment In Saline Dist. C.N. I.T. and Final Roll By The Com To The Five Civilized Tribe
22. To assist in identification, claimant should give the full English and Indian names, if possible, of their parents and grandparents back to 1835:
(Under this head the applicant may give any additional facts which will assist in proving his claim.)
My Grandmother on mother side is living at present and i believe on Roll 1851 and Father William McDaniel is on final roll made by the com to The Five Civilized Tribe - and i believe on Western Cherokee Old Settler Pay Roll
I solemnly swear that the foregoing statements made by me are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
(Signature PATSY HER X MARK SIMINGTON
Subscribed and sworn to before me this 6 day of JUNE 1907
My commission expires NOV 11, 1909.
(The following affidavit must be sworn to by two or more witnesses who are well acquainted with the applicant.)
Personally appeared before me CARRIE GRAYSON and SWIMMER PEGG'S, who, being duly sworn, on oath depose and say that they are well acquainted with PATSY SIMINGTON who makes the foregoing application and statements, and have known HER for 15 years and 15 years, respectively, and know HER to be the identical person SHE represents HERSELF to be, and that the statements made by HER are true, to the best of their knowledge and belief, and they have no interest whatever in HER claim.
WITNESSES TO MARK SIGNATURES OF WITNESS
Subscribed and sworn to before me this 6 day of JUNE 1907.
My commission expires NOV 11, 1909