MILLER APPLICATION: No: 33734
Name: NELSON MCDANIEL and children.
Residence: Pryor Creek, Okla.
Reason: GRANDSON OF #182
Special Commissioner of the Court of Claims,
601 Ouray Building, Washington, D. C.
I hereby make application for such share as may be due me of the fund appropriated by the Act of Congress, approved June 30, 1906, in accordance with the decrees of the Court Of Claims of May 18, 1905, and May 28, 1906, in favor of the Eastern Cherokee. The evidence of identity is herewith subjoined.
NOTE: Answers to all questions should be short, but complete. If you can not answer, so state.
1. State full name English name: - NELSE MCDANIEL; Indian name: --
2. Residence and post office: --PRYOR CREEK
3. County: --
4. State: --INDIAN TERRITORY
5. How old are you? 42 --Born -1865
6. Where were you born? - CHEROKEE NATION
7. Are you married? --YES
8. Name and age of wife or husband: MINNIE B MCDANIEL
9. To what tribe of Indians does he or she belong? --CHEROKEES
10. Name all your children who were living on May 28, 1906, giving their ages:
11. Give names of your father and mother, and your mother's name before marriage:
Father --English name: --WILLIAM MCDANIEL ; Indian name: -
Mother -English name: --JUDIA MCDANIEL; Indian name: -- ; Maiden Name: - JUDIA
12. Where were they born?
Father: CHEROKEE NATION
13. Where did they reside in 1851, if living at that time?
Father: -CHEROKEE NATION
14. Date of death of your father and mother:
15. Were they ever enrolled for money, annuities, land or other benefits? If so, state when & where, and with what tribe of Indians: --
YES, ON ALL ROLLS MADE SINCE THEIR BIRTH
16. Name all your brothers and sisters, giving ages, and residence if possible:
(1) -KATY ABE (SHOULD BE CABE); --LIVING; TAHLEQUAH, INDIAN TERRITORY
(2) -CAL MCDANIEL; LOCUST GROVE, INDIAN TERRITORY
(3) PATSY MCDANIEL; LOCUST GROVE, INDIAN TERRITORY
(4) ROBERT MCDANIEL; LOCUST GROVE, INDIAN TERRITORY
(5) DAVID MCDANIEL; LOCUST GROVE, INDIAN TERRITORY
17. State English and Indian names of your grandparents on both father's and mother's side, if possible:
Father's Side - DO NOT KNOW
Mother's Side - PATSIE JOHNSON NEE TADPOLE
18. Where were they born? -
19. Where did they reside in 1851, if living at that time? --
20. Give names of all their children, and residence, if possible:
(1) ALEX MCDANIEL --DECEASED
(2) WILLIAM MCDANIEL --DECEASED
(3) SISIE RAGSDALE ROSE, INDIAN TERRITORY
(4) SAM SPUNK DECEASED
21. Have you ever been enrolled for money, annuities, land or other benefits? If so, state when and where, and with what tribe of Indians:
YES, BY THE DAWES COMMISSION
22. To assist in identification, claimant should give the full English and Indian names, if possible, of their parents and grandparents back to 1835:
(Under this head the applicant may give any additional facts which will assist in proving his claim.)
I solemnly swear that the foregoing statements made by me are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
(Signature NELSE HIS X MARK MCDANIEL
Subscribed and sworn to before me this 19 day of JULY 1907
F. M. WATTS
My commission expires
(The following affidavit must be sworn to by two or more witnesses who are well acquainted with the applicant.)
Personally appeared before me D. I. ELLIOTT and J. J. HOLT who, being duly sworn, on oath depose and say that they are well acquainted with NELSON MCDANIEL who makes the foregoing application and statements, and have known HIM for 20 years and 19 years, respectively, and know H IM to be the identical person HE represents HIMSELF to be, and that the statements made by HIM are true, to the best of their knowledge and belief, and they have no interest whatever in HIS claim
WITNESSES TO MARK SIGNATURES OF WITNESS
D. I. ELLIOTT
J. J. HOLT
Subscribed and sworn to before me this 19 day of JULY 1907.
My commission expires 3-26 1909,
F. M. WATTS
Transcribed by OKMURPH@aol.com April